- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Fulltime
The Staff Accountant is a key member of the Finance team focusing on monthly closing and reporting responsibilities and performing general ledger reconciliations. In this role you will participate in the month-end close process, as well as ad hoc reporting and various ongoing projects within the department. The Staff Accountant will report to and work closely with the Senior Accountants, as well as the Corporate Controller and others within the Finance team. For a quick learner, there is room to grow and take on additional responsibilities.
- Month/Quarter/Year-End Close Process With an emphasis on timeliness and accuracy, maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting reconciling transactions and resolve discrepancies. Maintain recurring journal entries, allocations, and weekly cash reconciliations. Analyze, reconcile and update balance sheet accounts as appropriate.
- Weekly P&L Assist in the production and automation of the monthly weekly P&L, providing analysis and insights
- Process Improvements Support the Controller and Senior Accountants in documenting processes and developing process improvements to provide more timely, accurate & relevant information with enhanced visibility such that senior managers can take corrective action more quickly.
- Works under supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Limited work experience required. 1-2 years of experience would be advantageous
- Bachelors degree with business related concentration, finance or accounting preferred.
- Some knowledge of U.S. GAAP preferred. Solid Excel skills with ability to learn.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Not required but a plus:
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment Experience with an ERP system, including any of Great Plains, Enterprise 21, Ross (Aptean), and/or SQL experience
- Problem-solving skills Able to work from home independently given continued COVID restrictions and communicate in a clear and concise fashion
- Attention to detail, well organized Comfortable moving at a fast pace and asking questions to clarify requirements Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Honor Food We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development We recognize and nurture each others talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Senior Accountant encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands/Efforts Work requires little or no physical exertion. Mental & Visual Demands Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks. Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time. Work Environment and Hazards Employee can work from home, or if preferred in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards. This position has limited exposure to hazards that require the exercise of caution with little likelihood of injury. Travel is not required for this position.
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.