Packaging Team Lead
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
Performs a wide variety of duties to assist in maintaining department efficiencies at maximum output levels. Works with supervisor and supports all assigned team members and equipment requirements during respective shift. While performing the duties listed below, the lead is required to spend 85% of time on the floor. Line leaders guide the workflow and productivity of the line operators to ensure that the operators have everything required to meet the daily customer order production requirements. Line leaders have the responsibility for improving the line productivity and efficiency by creating processes that focus on quality and minimizing waste. The role involves training new operators and holding the operators accountable to company standards.
Role and Responsibilities
• Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
• Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards.
• Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
• Assist in start-up, shut down, checking, and troubleshooting of lines as necessary; conduct quality checks, correct deficiencies, and initiate quality audits as necessary.
• Coordinate with the supervisor to review and maintain production schedules to ensure resources are available to meet schedule.
• Audit the floor as required by Leader Standard Work, monitor productivity metrics, verify adherence to procedures and standard work, correct deficiencies and escalate to supervisor as necessary.
• Communicate with oncoming shifts about any problems or issues that are occurring.
• Notify supervisor immediately and recommend solutions if there are issues that will prevent achievement of efficiency goals.
• Actively support Operational Excellence and effectively participate in lean initiatives and problem solving
· Ensure that the operators remain motivated-engaged and maintain the highest safety protocols.
· Keeping records and recording data on inventory management, order tracking and the supply of materials.
· Supports production schedule compliance and attainment; identifies issues and opportunities for improvement; report issues to Department Supervisor.
· Coordinate with Department Supervisor to provide feedback and coaching to team members as appropriate.
· Monitors, observes, and recommends changes to department work procedures as needed to ensure department objectives are met.
· Implements and conducts training when operating procedures change and on an annual basis, as required by the training plan.
· With QA, Safety, and others as appropriate, assist in execution of action plans related to health and safety and assure the highest levels of compliance.
· Serves on cross-functional teams to provide input and take action on special projects, as assigned.
· Conducts and document inspections and audits as required in the assigned areas.
Qualifications and Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1+ years of manufacturing experience and lead/supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Previous work experience in a fast-faced environment, preferably in the food industry
· Computer skills – basic knowledge of computer programs and ability to learn inventory control program
· Prior training experience
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Forklift Certification or ability to obtain forklift certification-preferred
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position has little to no contact with customers.
· Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
· Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
Compensation: $21-$23/hr plus any applicable differentials based on shift
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
· 401K Contribution &Company Match
· PTO Accrual
· WA State Sick Leave 40 Hours Annual Accrual
· 9 Paid Holidays
· Employee Referral Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· ORCA Transportation Program
· Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
1st Shift 10:00AM - 6:30PM
2nd Shift 6:00PM - 2:30AM
3rd Shift 2:00AM - 10:30AM
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a General Laborer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and some holidays
· Extensive walking and standing
· Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
· Climb and balance
· Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
· The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
· Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel would be to other sites via airplane.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
· Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
· Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
· Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
· Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence