- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
• Follows all safety procedures and wears all required PPE
• Starts and prepares the kettles. Observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
• Executes cooking procedures as outlines in recipes while adhering to the production schedule
• Performs operations of machines, including troubleshooting, cleanup, setup, quality control, and waste control
• Performs all quality and food safety checks, for example; cooking temperatures, viscosity, taste checks, etc.
• Inspects product to ensure product is cooked to specifications to ensure food safety and other quality aspects as well as making sure that all aspects of the allergen program is maintained to prevent cross contamination.
• Follows department escalation to ensure all major incidents are dealt with promptly
• Ensures that all data collection is captured accurately, for example, cook times, quality test results, and temperatures.
• Can be called upon to run the support equipment, for example, Lycos, Dishwasher, CIP skid, etc.
• Organizes and maintains all equipment in a clean, sanitary, and organized manner
• Works with team towards meeting cooking metrics to drive goals and sustainability of the teams, this to be done through resource alignment, planning ahead for kettle transfers, changeovers, looking ahead to optimize the schedule, empowering the teams to drive communication and tight tracking of loss through each process order
• Performs all other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry
• Ability to learn system logic and operate HMI/control panels to teach products and fine-tune equipment for minor/major adjustments
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and internal/external customers
• Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
• Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
• Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
• Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
• Passionate about food
• Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
• Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
• Position has little to no contact with customers.
• Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
• Decisions or actions have an impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
• $24.00-$28.00/ hour (DOE)
• $21hr for lower level support position. $24.00-$28.00 hourly for Cooks Mixer Operators (DOE) once trained or for those with prior experience.
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, 401k
Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Leave, Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave
Life and Disability Insurance and Tuition Assistance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Corporate Trainer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Extensive standing
· Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
· Climb and balance
· Must be available to work overtime and weekends
· Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
· The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
· May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
· Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
· Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
· Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence