Senior HR Generalist - Manufacturing
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full-Time
The position will be responsible for coordinating and planning both tactical initiatives as assigned as well as assisting with the achievement of strategic operational goals within Human Resources. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, be detail oriented, and organized, as well as be knowledgeable about or have been previously exposed to a wide variety of HR work including compensation, benefits administration, LOA administration, performance reviews, employee relations, monthly reporting, talent acquisition, and others. This is a hands on support role and the incumbent will be expected to work with a quick pace, be able to appropriately prioritize and escalate requests and issues that arise, as well as work proactively to achieve department goals. This position reports to the HR Director.
Role and Responsibilities
- All Salaried ee assimilation.
- New Hire Orientation for salaried employees.
- Employee Relations – plant salary.
- I9 and HRIS monthly audits.
- Process Background checks and Drug screen for exempt and non-exempt hires.
- Termination paperwork for plant salaried employees.
- Terminations/exit interviews of salary plant employees.
- Audit new hire profiles in Paycom.
- Create salaried offer letters in Paycom and forward for approval.
- Assist in the annual performance & merit review process for salary plant employees.
- Maintain HR Analytics tracker.
- Responsible for the annual local market study for hourly employees.
- Responsible for escalating employee issues as appropriate.
- On-boarding and off-boarding of salary plant employees.
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new recruits integrate effectively into the organization
- Provide high-touch, proactive HR support to clients in the areas of employee relations, compensation, staffing, organization design, manager coaching, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and regulatory compliance, and administer compliance requests as needed.
- Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local state and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA and ADA, and AA to minimize risk/exposure to the company.
- Assist with the execution of employee programs (i.e. performance reviews, employee surveys, career development, etc.)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of employee benefit programs.
- Benefit plans administration for salaried employees, including enrollments and terminations.
- Act as a liaison to employees for HR questions and information.
- Implement policies, procedures, and programs as directed by the supervisor.
- Act as resource for employees to ensure their understanding and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic direction and coaching on all HR matters to leaders and managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Business
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to prioritize workload and work on several projects at one time in various areas of HR
- Ability to effectively manage/lead projects
- Well-developed written presentation, organization, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with cloud based reporting software.
- Demonstrated success in detailed work requiring accuracy, high level of productivity, organization and a sense of urgency. Well-developed organizational and interpersonal business skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Reporting skills using Microsoft Office.
- Related skills: dependability, organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work independently, but comfortable working as part of a team.
- Able to cope with pressures and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced high volume environment.
- Excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
- Position is not responsible for supervising or influencing the actions of others.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Senior Human Resources Generalist encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
- Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee typically works in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards
- Less than 25% travel is required for this position. All travel is within state and accessible by car.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
• Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
• Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
• Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths, and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
• Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence