Prep Cook - All Shifts
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
- Accountable to ensuring compliance with all food safety, quality standards and good manufacturing practices including allergen handling and organic segregation.
- Required to maintain documentation that demonstrates regulatory compliance for all policies pertaining to HACCP, USDA and FDA mandates.
- Performs/responsible to adhere to all required quality/ food safety checks including data sheets including all controlled documents. For example, room temperature checks, color of product, smell, viscosity, weight checks, MOA (item number) before and after equipment checklist, changeovers (including allergen control) knife cleaning and handling.
- Responsible for ensuring recipe integrity through verification of material item numbers and expiration dates prior to processing.
- Demonstrates competency to clean, assemble, operate and troubleshoot machinery respective to each functional area within ingredient preparation.
- Inspects ingredients and ingredients packaging for conformance to safety and quality specifications.
- Coordinates ingredient supply from storage to their assigned production area.
- Follows all established safety protocols (LOTO, Work at Height, Wet, Cold Environment and wears required PPE for example: (Safety glasses, steal toe booths, gloves, aprons, sleeves, ear plugs, hard hat, etc).
- Perform tasks to support other departments when directed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Secondary Accountabilities (select individuals are assigned duties relating to material handling)
- Operates forklift (PIV) assist and replenish totes and pallets of ingredients to all lines
Adheres to all forklift safety and performance expectations.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to learn system logic and operate HMI/control panels and fine tune equipment for minor and major adjustments
- Self-directed, able to keep oneself busy and flow to the work
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and internal/external customers
- Extensive standing and walking
- Climb and balance
- Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Regularly exposed to wet and cold conditions
- Some exposure to chemicals when performing sanitation duties
- Loud noise level
Compensation: $19.00-$23.00/ hour (DOE)
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance