Quality Assurance Manager
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
Manage the quality assurance team to verify that the Quality Management System is successfully executed every shift, every day. The role ensures that all materials and finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, regulatory and customer requirements. Customers, Regulators and our QA Leadership ensure we ‘do the right things’ to produce safe, quality food. This role ensures we execute the system and ‘do things right’ every shift, every day.
Role and Responsibilities
· Management and training of the QA team to ensure cover across all shifts as required
· Supervises the daily execution of the Quality Management System
· Ensures operational verifications are conducted as per HARPC and HACCP plan and that they are fully documented
· Ensures Good Manufacturing Practices are upheld and maintained
· Complete internal audits and monitors the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes
· Ensures procedural or process deviations are captures and that appropriate interventions are made to keep product safe and maintain compliance with specification
· Investigates deviations and uses Root Cause Analysis techniques to complete CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) to mistake-proof and prevent re-occurrence
· Utilizes continuous improvement techniques to improve standards
· Uses KPI information and trends to improve our systems and compliance
· Liaises with USDA and FDA inspectors when necessary
· Trains the operational team to ensure that new process and procedures are adopted
· Builds production and QA team capability to improve communication and understanding of quality standards
· Investigates customer complaints or any non-conformance raised internal or externally to provide data which informs resolution
· Organizes organoleptic panel to ensure consistent quality
· Runs 3rd party audits, when needed (Customer/Regulatory/Organic/GFCO/GFSI (SQF))
· Build preventive approach to FSQA Incidents when needed (Ex: Foreign material Prevention committee, QA-EMP weekly meeting)
· Perform new equipment risk assessment and ensure validation as required. (Allergens, Cleaning, CCPs, new equipment.)
· Train the QA team to ensure that FSQA systems to be utilized fully when needed. (ROSS, InfinityQS, PARCView, Sharepoint)
· Fully conversant with QA team disciplinary rules and procedure in place and can act in line with the procedure
· Provides and encourages a safe working environment for all personnel
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
· Background in food science or related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in QA systems and food safety auditing with experience writing audit reports and interpreting corrective action responses
· Certified HACCP (Required) Internal auditor and PCQI (Preferred)
· In addition to the minimum of 3 years’ experience in QA systems and food safety auditing, at least 2 years supervisory experience is required (Especially people management experience)
· Valid Driver's license and ability to travel by air if needed.
· Ability to lead, develop, coach, motivate and support individuals on the team
· Knowledge of Quality systems, food safety programs, HACCP, HARPC and GMP’s is required (Including GFSI standards such as SQF or BRC)
· Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills. Ability to impact and influence others to drive change
· Ability to work cross-functionally with teams and individuals to coach and educate and improve the quality and food safety systems
· Experience with regulators (FDA) and, preferably USDA.
· Working knowledge of key US food regulations
· Understanding of important microbiological, physical and chemical hazards to food
· Continuous improvement knowledge preferred (including Root Cause Analysis and CAPA)
· Excellent computer skills in Office, SharePoint, and ERP systems.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
· Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
· Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position has little to no contact with customers.
· Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
· Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Corporate Trainer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
· The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
· Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel would be to other sites via airplane
· Corporate Trainer must have availability and flexibility to work different shifts and days, sometimes for weeks at a time, to provide support and training to all of our employees. May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
Compensation: $90,000-$110,000/yr DOE, Target Bonus: 15% of annual salary
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance