Process Development Technologist
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-Time
The Process Development Technologist is responsible for supporting the transition of new recipes into production, overseeing new product launches in production (all shifts) and providing support to ensure consistent product quality through the products lifecycle, working collaboratively with members of the Process Development, Operations, Culinary, QA and Procurement teams.
Role and Responsibilities
New Product Development
• Applies solid knowledge of thermal processing in the role of technical troubleshooter, working with the cross functional team to identify, develop, and validate new process capabilities and work to improve existing.
• Collaborate with the cross functional team to develop and commercialize new products, highlighting any risks from a manufacturing and quality aspect.
• Transition R&D recipes to scaled-up, factory ready recipes including step by step preparation and cooking procedures
• Lead pre-production batch trials to ensure recipe scale-up is successful in a production environment and ensure the Operations team has no issues with repeatability or adhering to specification, obtaining internal approval before product can be moved to Launch status.
• Gather and record information needed to finalize product specifications
• Support Operations with product launches on an as-need basis
• Assist with hosting of Post- Launch Review meetings, publishing notes and follow-ups as needed
• Maintain up to date product and process information within ROSS ERP, DCN kettle systems, Feldmeier kettle systems, Cooking procedure etc.
• Support the cross functional team with proposed product changes through trials and updating systems as needed
• Assist Culinary in the evaluation of proposed new ingredients
• Support Operations team through product optimization projects, collaborating with the cross functional team to ensure efficient, to spec product is being produced.
• Work with the Sales team & QA teams to investigate customer complaints & provide feedback for the customers; performing testing as needed and provide next steps for solutions to recurring issues.
• Make recommendations to the Operations team for potential equipment improvements or investments
Qualifications and Experience
o Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Food Science or Food Microbiology
o Manufacturing experience in the food industry preferred by not required
o Experience with manufacturing processing equipment and/or with verification/ validation of equipment and thermal processing would be an advantage
o Must be familiar with a variety of food technologies, practices, and procedures
o Flexibility with schedule to allow for oversight of second shift production when required.
o Good understanding of food manufacturing principles, GMPs, HAACP, and government regulations.
o Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
o Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Ross)
o Strong time management, data management, planning and organizational skills
o Ability to lift 40lbs.
o Comprehension, written and oral Spanish language skills a plus.
o Passion for food and high quality
o Customer-Centric thinker
o Obsessive attention to detail
o Creative problem-solving skills
o Excellent interpersonal skills
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products, and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence