Packaging Team Leader - Second Shift
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Full Time - Hourly
The Packing Team Lead is responsible to lead the manufacturing team within assigned area to ensure the team is focused on production processes as efficiently as possible.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your supervisor.
- Ensure finished product conforms to specifications.
- Manufacture quality products efficiently within time and quantity parameters.
- Drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines.
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Remove out of spec material from production line complete date code and label checks.
- Report downtime to maintenance in a timely manner
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime record data.
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Manage employees work schedules, breaks and tardiness.
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
- Conduct weekly team brief with direct reports.
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports.
- Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Direct employees on jobs/ tasks in accordance with production needs.
- Responsible for training new operators for products and processes.
- Ensure paperwork and all records are documented and completed appropriately.
- Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Ensure the team are aware of day-to-day targets and responsibilities.
- Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities.
- Ability to operate pallet jack and forklift.
- Responsible to assist and back-up packagers as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Follows and ensures team complies all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
- Follows and ensures team complies all Safety rules & procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others.
- Follows and ensures team complies all food safety procedures.
- Follows and ensures team complies all environmental protocols as applicable.
- Follows and ensures team complies all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma of GED certificate.
- 1 + years’ experience as a team leader in manufacturing facility. Perfervidly in food.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Experience working in temperature-controlled settings.
- Experience with perishable items proven track record in safe working practices.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, able to bring energy to the performance of a task and able to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Ability to exhibit a professional and collaborative demeanor toward others; able to work productively with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward.
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments.
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have confidentiality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management team at the facility and employees, maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with employees at all levels of the company, and ability to work with and through others is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the Company.