Operations Team Lead - Cook
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-Time
Role and Responsibilities
· Ensures that all employees work safely and the team maintains the highest safety performance possible.
· Supports efficient manufacturing and continuous improvement of all plant products and processes, ensuring that all safety, quality, food safety, and environmental standards and requirements are met.
· Assigns work to employees in compliance with the department labor plan to meet the labor budget.
· Assists in the achievement of variable cost goals, including direct labor, overtime, product losses, and materials losses.
· Supports production schedule compliance and attainment; identifies issues and opportunities for improvement; reports issues to Business Unit Leader.
· Ensures team members follow all required procedures.
· Coordinate with the Business Unit Leader to provide feedback and coaching to team members as appropriate. Partners with the Business Unit Leader to compose and discuss performance reviews with employees.
· Monitors, observes, and recommends changes to department work procedures as needed to ensure department objectives are met.
· Implements and conducts training when operating procedures change and on an annual basis, as required by the training plan.
· With QA, Safety, and others as appropriate, assist in execution of action plans related to health and safety and assures the highest levels of compliance.
· Serves on cross-functional teams to provide input and take action on special projects, as assigned.
· Conducts inspections and audits as required in the assigned areas.
Qualifications and Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1+ years of manufacturing experience and lead/supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry
· Computer skills – basic knowledge of computer programs and ability to learn inventory control program
· Forklift Certified or ability to obtain forklift certification
· Ability to manage performance of others
· Ability to train employees
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position has little to no contact with customers.
· Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
· Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Corporate Trainer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and some holidays
Extensive walking and standing
Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
Climb and balance
Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
· The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
· Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel would be to other sites via airplane
· Corporate Trainer must have availability and flexibility to work different shifts and days, sometimes for weeks at a time, to provide support and training to all of our employees. May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence