Material Handler - Days
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Full Time - Hourly
The material handler is responsible for receiving in raw materials and supplies as well as warehouse management. This person will be responsible for supplying production with supplies as pertains to weekly production schedule. The material handler will also aide as needed order pickers for outbound sales orders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock recording location of inventory
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products, including moving materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas and manufacturing areas
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your manager
- Ensure clean and tidy work areas including the inspections and surveillance of all packing and storage conditions
- Complete cycle-counts when required
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Responsible to documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units
- Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity, placing materials in stock
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and cleaning – forklift, pallet jacks, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Responsible for communicating with office staff, leads and supervisors
- Responsible for safety and cleanliness of all warehouse and cooler areas as per internal and USDA standards
- End of shift clean and equipment check
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proficient driving forklift and pallet jacks
- Able to work under pressure all the time, responding on a fast manner following safety procedures
- Warehouse & manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry
- Experience working in temperature-controlled settings
- Understands inventory at a conceptual level
- Must have attention to detail, be dependable, trustworthy, able to bring energy to the performance of a task and maintain good relations with others
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Time management
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Planning and organizing
- Numeracy skills
Working Conditions And Physical Effort
Work is performed in a plant environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours equaling 40 hours per week. The work environment involves cold/hot temperatures, some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require safety precautions.
Americans With Disabilities Act
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
o Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
o Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
o Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
o Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence