Bone Room Lead - 12 Hour Shifts
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Full Time - Hourly
The Bone Room Lead is responsible for continuous and efficient operation of the production line to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost. (SSQQC).
Role and Responsibilities
· All Bone Room Leads follow a 2-2-3 schedule, meaning every other weekend off plus 2 or 3 days off during the week.
· Lead Bone Room team members to produce to the scheduled production plan.
· Direct employees on jobs/ tasks in accordance with production needs.
· Responsible for training new operators for products and processes.
· Ensure paperwork and all records are documented and completed appropriately.
· Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success.
· Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
· Assist Supervisor as required.
· Ensure the team are aware of day-to-day targets and responsibilities.
· Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities.
· Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team.
· Operate various machines.
· Run pan wash machine.
· Verify correct ingredients in measurements and weight to assemble formulas.
· Assisting workers as needed – back up for breaks and lunches.
· Load bins/carts with cooked product and bring to designated area.
· Clean and sanitize equipment after each use.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Follows and ensures team complies all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
· Follows and ensures team complies all Safety rules & procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others.
· Follows and ensures team complies all food safety procedures.
· Follows and ensures team complies all environmental protocols as applicable.
· Follows and ensures team complies all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
· High school diploma of GED certificate.
· 1 + years’ experience as a team leader in manufacturing facility. Perfervidly in food.
· Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
· Forklift experience is preferred.
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward.
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team.
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments.
· Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have confidentiality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management team at the facility and employees, maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with employees at all levels of the company, and ability to work with and through others is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the Company.