3rd Shift Packaging Supervisor
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: FT
Ensure continuous and efficient operation of the production facility to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost (SSQQC). Manage, coach, and develop direct reports to achieve day to day KPIs. Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in their products and expects each employee to do the same with their work.
• Ensure team members understand and follow safety rules, guidelines, and practices. Oversee supervisors in completion of accident reports for safety incidents.
• Ensure all food safety standards and guidelines are followed, including Safe Quality Food (SQF), USDA and FDA
. • Manage coordination of production and batches for scheduled completion during shift.
• Responsible for attainment of KPI’s (e.g., gallons per labor hour, cost per pound), department budget and generation of performance data.
• Strive to deliver a “Right first time” culture in terms of Quality.
• Coach, mentor and motivate Supervisors, team leaders and floor team to meet /exceed daily targets and goals.
• Responsible for accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability.
• Manage ERP system transactions.
• Manage inventory under area of control.
• Oversee supervisors in managing employees work schedules, breaks and performance management.
• Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes. Lead/conduct all required team meetings.
• Monitor and initiate action to reduce or eliminate all waste.
• Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor.
• Work directly with QA and technical personnel on addressing and resolving deficiencies.
• Develop continuous improvement plans to improve Safety, Hygiene/Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost
• Any other tasks deemed reasonable and requested by management.
• Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
• Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
• Position has limited contact with customers.
• Position is directly responsible for generating revenue (positive variances) within area of responsibility.
• Oversees the work of others within area of responsibility and participates in hiring, discharge, and performance management, including two direct reports and an overall team of up to 55 personnel. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED
• Associate degree or higher required.
• Additional directly related work experience may be substituted for degree
. • Requires at least four years of manufacturing management experience; to include experience preferably in the food and/or packaging arena.
• Prior experience with ERP system strongly preferred.
• Must be able to speak and understand conversational Spanish.
• Must be proficient with MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Outlook.
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing to include CI, RCA, and other tools strongly preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Production Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands/Efforts • Work requires occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
• Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time. Work Environment and Hazards
• Employee works in a manufacturing setting with frequent exposure to heat/cold, dust, or other factors that may require protective equipment and still pose a hazard.
• This position has regular exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work. • Limited travel may be required.
AS A LEADER WITHIN THE KETTLE CUISINE TEAM YOU ARE EXPECTED TO:
• Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
• Manage performance of all team members.
• Build a strong, committed, and collaborative team.
• Develop individual team members & their careers.
• Conduct annual reviews and PDPs for all direct team members.
• Create a culture of accountability & performance.
• Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
• Plan work, track results and resolve variances.
• Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment. •
Goal oriented & well organized
• Ability to work all scheduled shifts, on time. • Experience and practical application of LEAN principles (5S, RCA, Waste Elimination)
• Passion for food and high quality
• Excellent attention to detail
• Leadership – coaching and developing.
CORE VALUES Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day. Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle. Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners. Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team. Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.