Packing Team Leader - 2nd Shift
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Manufacturing
Imagine a company full of people who are so passionate about making and delivering delicious food, that it has become their career. That's us; and it could be you! Join us to find your career in food!
Kettle Cuisine - Bonewerks was founded in 1998 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Today, we are known as the industry leader in kettle cooked sauce and exceptional sous vide meat products. Our Kettle Operators produce our sauces in open kettles and these chefs carefully monitor every batch to deliver our very best quality every time.
Fine dining establishments, cruise lines and foodservice operations appreciate the quality and consistency of our products. The healthcare and spa industries embrace our products for being allergen-free, fat-free, trans fat-free, sodium-free, preservative-free and additive-free.
This position is to ensure continuous and efficient operation of the production line to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost. (SSQQC) and to manage, coach and develop direct reports to achieve day to day KPIs
**Schedule runs from Sunday-Thursday: 3pm to 11:30pm**
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to safe working practices at all times
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your supervisor
- Ensure finished product conforms to specifications
- Manufacture quality products efficiently within time and quantity parameters
- Drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines i.e. UPMH
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Follow the company GMP’s
- Ensure clean and tidy production area at all times
- Remove out of spec material from production line
- Complete Date Code and Label checks.
- Report Downtime to maintenance in a timely manner
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime
- Record data.
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Manage employees work schedules, breaks and tardiness
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Conduct Weekly team brief with direct reports
- Monitor and action all waste
- Manage inventory of raw material
- Manage, coach and develop direct reports.
- Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor
- Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management
- 2 years manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry
- Experience working in temperature controlled settings
- Experience with perishable items
- Proven track record in safe working practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts, on time
- Ability to operate a pallet jack / fork lift
- Able to interact and communicate with the supervisors and team members
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Passion for food and high quality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Time management
- Leadership – coaching and developing
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Numeracy skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
AS A LEADER WITHIN THE KETTLE CUISINE TEAM YOU ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
- Manage performance of all team members
- Build a strong, committed, and collaborative team
- Develop individual team members & their careers
- Conduct annual reviews and PDPs for all direct team members
- Create a culture of accountability & performance
- Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Plan work, track results and resolve variances
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence