- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: FT
JOB SUMMARY Master Planner coordinates with all other departments, creating and modifying production schedule to ensure 100% on time shipment of customer orders and looks for synergies in the business to improve factory efficiency.
• Schedule jobs daily for maximum throughput, customer satisfaction and on-time performance
• Plan production in planning software accordingly based on customer orders, forecast and commercialization needs
• Check FG inventory and adjust plan when needed to maintain a proper inventory par level
• Balance the plan in planning software with use of kettle constraints / capabilities
• Review and adjust stock plan to ensure adequate inventory on hand or proper production scheduled
• Identify priorities from daily plan to cover shipping needs, and communicate to the team
• Coordinate with Procurement / Production / Maintenance / PD with any plan changes
• Integrate jobs from planning software into Ross and then run transactions after
• Run and maintain Master Production Schedule, and distribute to procurement team
• Manage jobs in ross by creating, amending, and deleting when needed based on plan changes
• Produce, publish, and release Daily schedule consisting of bulk, retail, stock and distribute to production team
• Interface with all value chain functions such as manufacturing, purchasing, customer service, and maintenance
• Adjust production plan at any moment in response to production needs or excess/lack of materials
• Provide guidance to several teams on priorities throughout production
• Communicate with the team about plant attainment, yield issues, any potential schedule changes
• Review aged FG report daily / weekly and work with customer service / QA / Sales / Shipping to mitigate risk where possible
• Innovate and drive changes in established processes, methods, and procedures
• Assist with various project related tasks as needed
• Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within area of responsibility. • Builds consensus across functional areas.
• Position has little to no contact with customers
. • Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
• Oversees the work of others within area of responsibility and participates in hiring, firing, and performance management, but does not have sole supervisory responsibility.
• Requires three to six years of experience
• Must be proficient with MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Outlook.
• Must have prior experience with MRP/ERP software.
• Ross SCP/APS experience is preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Master Planner encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands/Efforts
• Work requires little or no physical exertion.
• Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
• Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time. Work Environment and Hazards • Employee typically works in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
CORE VALUES Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence