- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: FT
JOB SUMMARY: Support the Procurement team in developing strategic initiatives and partnerships, while driving value through the business! This is a strategic role that requires organization and leadership, with a keen sense of accountability and timeliness in an exciting and fast-growing food company.
• Research, understand and communicate market analysis • Identify and execute opportunities for cost savings in assigned category
• Stay abreast on market trends, cost optimization, innovation and latest technologies to identify new ingredient opportunities by analyzing industry research and attending trade shows
• Support purchase price variance (PPV) for ingredients in the assigned category and to Director and Sourcing Managers, as required
• Lead the specification and supplier qualification process for alternate supplier/ingredient qualifications by requesting, approving and organizing comprehensive supplier and product specifications/documents for all ingredients, working closely with R&D and FSQA. Develop proficiency in necessary systems to support these activities.
• Support the commercialization process for alternate suppliers/ingredients by obtaining and managing samples for R&D and Operations trials.
• Support Director and Sourcing Managers by developing market intelligence for select strategic ingredient categories by monitoring the category supply base, industry dynamics, and underlying price indices,
• Support Director and Sourcing Managers in the annual budgeting process as part of the annual operating plan (AOP)
• Support Senior Director of strategic contracts on all RFQ’s, RFP’s and bids including data collection and bid analysis Q
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Food Science, Engineering, or related field
• 2 – 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years in strategic procurement
• Supported the development of one or more procurement category strategies with stakeholder alignment
• Ability to support the tactical and operational needs, while not losing focus on the strategic • Must have solid influencing skills (up and across) to ensure team success and to work with cross-functional partners
• Strong analytical skills and computer proficiency, specifically MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
• Talent for communicating, influencing, and problem-solving
• Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment - skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and pivoting while executing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges!
• Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
• Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
• Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Creative problem solving skills and analyst approach
• Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
• Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
• Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
ORE VALUES Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products, and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day. Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence