Sweet Potato and Curry Fritter served with a Citrus Marmalade
A fast and cost-effective appetizer that is very flavorful and speaks to global cuisine movement.
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 Bunch of Finely Sliced Scallions,
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Small Dice),
- 2 Cups of Cooked and Chilled Sweet Potato (Small Dice)
- 1 Bunch of Chopped Cilantro,
- 1 ½ -2lbs Of Dry Pancake Mix,
- 6 Whole Large Eggs
- Salt And Ground White Pepper to Taste.
- The Rind Of 1 Lime (Cut into Small Slivers)
- The Rind Of 1 Lemon (Cut into Small Slivers)
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- ½ Cup of Malt Vinegar
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
Simmer all the above ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat, until the rinds are tender, and the liquid is thick and syrupy. Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then blend with 32oz. of a commercial bought orange marmalade, reserve chilled until needed.
Fritters are always a delicious treat for any occasion. A savory fritter is the perfect way to perk up your next dinner or special gathering. To start, prepare a chipotle sweet potato soup- which includes finely diced scallions, red bell pepper, sweet potato, and chopped cilantro mixed with dry pancake mix, eggs and seasonings- as an innovative side dish that is sure to please. To complement it, consider making a citrus marmalade by combining slivers of lime and lemon rinds with water, sugar, malt vinegar and salt in a saucepan and bringing it to a simmer until tender, then mixing it with store-bought orange marmalade. This pairing of sweet and slightly spiced flavors will have your guests asking for seconds!View All Recipes
Appetizers, Side Dish