- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full Time
The Warehouse Picker/Shipper picks, puts-away, counts and maintains organization in the fresh goods cooler and the freezer. This position is also responsible for collecting goods that are needed in the shipment, and loading shipment into the truck.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the cleanliness of the freezer and fresh goods cooler
- Responsible for picking fresh and frozen finished goods orders
- Organizes and prioritizes pick-order for the day
- Conducts bi-weekly counts & reconciliation of Finished Goods in the freezer or cooler
- Conducts bi-weekly counts & reconciliation of Raw Materials in the freezer or cooler
- Responsible for picking fresh and frozen finished goods orders, following FIFO (first in-first out) rotation.
- Adheres to safe working practices at all times
- Follows the company's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and HCAPP
- Performs daily checks of area for non-compliance and reports them to the manager
- Collects goods that are needed in the shipment
- Loads shipment into the truck.
- Communicates and updates all relevant parties of any issues or changes to inventory
- Additional reasonable tasks as assigned
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Position is not responsible for influencing the decisions or actions of others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position has little or no impact on revenue, actions and results are subject to review or inspections.
- Decisions or actions have a limited impact on the business - typically within a department. Errors are usually detected through routine verification/review, but may result in some work flow disruption or repetition of work.
- Position is not responsible for supervising or influencing the actions of others.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Forklift and heavy equipment license
- Requires one - three years of Warehouse experience
- On-the-job training of 0-3 months.
- No computer experience required.
- Experience working in temperature controlled settings
- Experience with perishable items
- Proven track record in safe working practices
- Ability to operate a pallet jack / fork lift
- Experience in the food industry, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts, on time
- Passion for food and high quality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Numeracy skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Warehouse Picker/Shipper encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires continuous physical exertion including lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position does not require mental concentration.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with frequent exposure to heat/cold, dust, noise or other factors that may require protective equipment and still pose a hazard.
- This position has regular exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work.
- Travel is not required for this position.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.