Receiving Team Lead
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full Time
Ensure continuous and efficient operation of the established receiving and put-away process, as well as all subsequent inventory transactions. Supervises and manages daily operation of all Shipping workers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick / Stage and load out customer orders.
- Maintain, invoice and generate accurate paperwork for customer orders
- Coordinate items available for pickup with 3rd party carriers
- Perform cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy
- Adhere to safe working practices at all times
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your manager
- Perform accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Ensure clean and tidy work areas at all times
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime
- Load vehicles timely, accurately and efficiently, when needed
- Organize and prioritize pick-order for the night
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor
- Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Communicate an end of shift breakdown / Hand-off to the next shift
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within area of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Receives customer questions and responds within prescribed areas of knowledge.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delay in work output.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Coordinates staffing or scheduling of others, but is not responsible for performance management.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Requires one - three years of manufacturing experience in the food industry
- On-the-job training of 3-6 months.
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform data entry, format documents and create advanced templates.
- 3 Years of manufacturing experience,
- 3 Years of experience with inventory control
- Experience working in temperature controlled settings
- Experience with perishable items
- Proven track record in safe working practices
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a pallet jack / fork lift
- Able to interact and communicate with the supervisors and team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts, on time
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Mathematical skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Shipping Lead encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires continuous physical exertion including lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires moderate mental concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with frequent exposure to heat/cold, dust, noise or other factors that may require protective equipment and still pose a hazard.
- This position has regular exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work.
- Travel is not required for this position.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.