QA Systems Facilitator
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
Manages holds and releases within our ERP system. Manages the QA equipment calibration program. Supply ordering for Quality related equipment, supplies and services. Reporting of internal and external Quality and Production-related metrics. Performs records review on HACCP, FSMA and Pre-requisite program documents.
- The ability to perform pre-shipment review in the event key person is out. Pre-shipment - Conducts pre-shipment review of all HACCP and pre-requisite program records, ensuring the Food Safety and Quality of products manufactured at the Everett facility. Identifies deficiencies and issues corrective action notifications, as needed as well as initiating quality hold product as necessary.
- Reporting – Communicates internal metrics to Plant Leadership and Corporate Kettle Leadership. These include Controllable Incidents, Complaints. Trend data as necessary.
- Ordering - Manages all orders through procurement system in support of the QA Department. Receives orders for payment.
- Inventory - Maintains vendor and equipment records for future orders and manages QA supply inventory.
- Document Control – Archives records in line with KC Corporate requirements. Keeps accurate records and ensures documents are maintained audit ready.
- Issue maintenance requests as required.
- Assists with updates to SOPs, SSOPs, Quality Programs as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-year technical degree or 4-year college program in Food Science, Quality or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HACCP and USDA/FDA regulations
- HACCP certification preferred
- Inventory and database management experience preferred
- Ability to identify and create processes and write procedures
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Works, Excel
- Thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere; open to change and creating change
- Computer skills – extensive knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and an e-mail system (Outlook)
- Ability to multitask with an extremely high level of attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- High level of personal initiative, self-driven, action and results-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships at all levels
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and follow through to achieve results
- Ability to effectively prioritize and get things done!
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
· Willing to address difficult situations head-on with patience and respect
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Life Insurance and Disability Leave
· Tuition Assistance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Corporate Trainer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
- Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
- The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence