Production Supervisor - All Shifts
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
Oversee all activities of the operations departments on the assigned shift. Maintains line efficiency and provides direction to the team leaders of various departments. Ensures all employees adhere to company standards in safety, quality, and operations.
Manage, coach, and develop direct reports to achieve day-to-day KPIs, APIs, and PPIs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Always adhere to safe working practices
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure finished product conforms to specifications
- Oversee the operations teams to ensure the manufacture of quality products efficiently, within time and quantity parameters
- Drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines i.e. UPMH
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Follow the company GMP’s
- Ensure clean and tidy production area at all times
- Ensures proper escalation and handling of any safety or quality issues on shift
- Complete Date Code and Label checks.
- Report downtime to maintenance in a timely manner
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime
- Record data, and lead production huddles to close efficiency gaps.
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Manage employees' work schedules, breaks and tardiness
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Conduct weekly team brief with direct reports
- Monitor and action all waste
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports.
- Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Give instructions and directions to team leads.
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years manufacturing management/supervisory experience, preferably in the food industry
- Experience working within Lean or TPM manufacturing framework
- Experience with perishable items
- Proven track record in safe working practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
- Passionate about food
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
- Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
- Create a culture of accountability & performance
- Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Plan work, track results and resolve variances
Level of Responsibility:
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to Manager and others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Directly responsible for the safety, quality, and efficiency of up to 90 employees, Full time and temporary, between 4 operations departments.
Compensation: $80,000 - 110,000 USD
Target Bonus 10%
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Corporate Trainer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
- Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
- The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
- Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel would be to other sites via airplane
- Must have availability and flexibility to work different shifts and days, sometimes for weeks at a time, to provide support and training to all of our employees. May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance