- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-Time
Production Scheduler creates and modifies production schedule to ensure 100% on-time shipment of customer orders and looks for synergies in the business to improve factory efficiency.
· Schedule jobs daily for maximum throughput, customer satisfaction and on-time performance
· Plan finished goods in planning software accordingly based on customer orders and commercialization needs
· Check FG inventory and adjust plan when needed to maintain a proper inventory par level
· Balance the plan in planning software and in the weekly report with use of allergen cleaning sequence and line constraints / capabilities
· Review and adjust stock plan to ensure adequate inventory on hand or proper production scheduled
· Identify priorities from daily plan to cover shipping needs, and communicate to the team
· Reconcile Everett Plan to ensure all levels’ jobs match before publishing schedule
· Coordinate with Procurement / Production / Maintenance / PD with any plan changes
· Integrate jobs from planning software into Ross and then run transactions after as needed
· Run and maintain Master Production Schedule, and distribute to procurement team
· Manage jobs in ross by creating, amending, and deleting when needed based on plan changes
· Produce, publish, and release Daily schedule consisting of bulk, retail, stock and distribute to production team
· Interface with all value chain functions such as manufacturing, purchasing, customer service, and plant
· Adjust production plan at any moment in response to production needs or excess/lack of materials
· Provide guidance to several teams on priorities throughout production
· Communicate with the team about plant attainment, yield issues, any potential schedule changes
· Review aged FG report daily / weekly and work with customer service / QA / Sales / Shipping to mitigate risk where possible
· Innovate and drive changes in established processes, methods, and procedures
· Participate in physical inventory activities
· Assist with various project related tasks as needed
· Assist Lynn with bulk plan reconciliation as needed
· Other duties as assigned
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position is not responsible for supervising others.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Requires one - three years of experience
· Must be proficient with MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Outlook.
· Broad knowledge of manufacturing, production, and inventory control functions
· Must display a high level of organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
· Must be able to problem solve and think independently due to the speed and rate of change occurring in this manufacturing environment
· Ability to multi-task
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Production Scheduler encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work requires little or no physical exertion.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
· Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee typically works in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products, and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
· Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
· Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
· Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths, and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
· Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence