Process Development Technician
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-time
The Process Development Technician will assist the Process Development team with the transition of new recipes into production and support the team with on-going product changes and optimization projects, working collaboratively with members of the Process Development, Operations, Culinary, QA and Procurement teams.
Role and Responsibilities
New Product Development
· Support new product development through recipe verifications once a recipe has been scaled-up
· Assist Process Development team with all Trial and Launch Review meetings as needed
· Coordinate the request of control samples from Culinary to support trials and launches
· Execute ERP system inquires to confirm all ingredients are available and received prior to scheduled trial.
· If a new, unique ingredient, coordinate the request for a sample
· Assist the Process Development team during pre-production batch trials to ensure recipe scale-up is successful in a production environment, collecting and reporting total timing, yield, viscosity and drain weights
· Gather and record information and documentation needed to finalize product specifications
· Collaborate with the Operations team to gather production samples for analysis in a safe and sanitary manner that is compliant with GMP’s.
· Coordinate sample shipments for internal and external customer approvals on trial batches
· Assist with maintaining up to date product and process information within ROSS ERP, DCN kettle systems, Feldmeier kettle systems, Cooking procedure etc.
· Support the Process Development team with proposed product changes updating systems and Finished Good specs as needed
· Support the Process Development team with product optimization projects, collaborating with the cross functional team to ensure efficient, to spec product is being produced.
· Work with Process Development team to investigate customer complaints & provide feedback for the customers; performing testing as needed and provide next steps for solutions to recurring issues.
Qualifications and Experience
o Manufacturing experience in the food industry is a plus
o Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Food Science or related work experience
o Must be familiar with a variety of food technologies, practices, and procedures
o Experience working in variable temperature environments
o Good understanding of food manufacturing principles, GMPs, HAACP, and government regulations.
o Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
o Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Ross)
o Strong time management, data management, planning and organizational skills
o Ability to lift 40lbs.