Process Development Technician
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-time
To assist the Process Development Manager in transitioning recipes from Culinary to all shifts of Production, to oversee new product launch process and to provide support in ensuring consistent product quality. Works collaboratively with other members of the Process Development, Commercialization, Quality, and Operations Team, across all KC facilities, to support the needs of the business. Occasional travel to other sites will be needed.
- Collaborate with Culinary to develop product standard specifications within ranges of acceptability
- Assist in translation of R&D recipes to scaled up, factory ready batch manufacturing recipes with written step by step preparation and cooking procedures
- Assist in training production teams on both shifts to ensure product and its raw materials are being prepped, cooked and handled consistently and to standard
- Monitor preliminary batches of new recipe launches to ensure adherence to standards and quality
- Monitor all new product launch production to ensure product, packaging and labeling integrity
- Maintenance of product and process information within Ross ERP and DCN kettle systems
- Determination of accurate yield and waste information to ensure accurate costing, production planning and raw material and finished good inventory management.
- Participate in tastings working with Culinary and Quality Assurance in releasing products on hold & release, as well as panel evaluations of product prototypes, ingredients, and competitive products.
- Attend and be an active participant in weekly New Product Development meetings
- Work collaboratively with Project Manager to lead weekly pre and post launch meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience in the food industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Food Science or related work experience
- Must be familiar with a variety of food technologies, practices and procedures
- Experience working in variable temperature environments
- Flexibility with schedule to allow for oversight of second shift production when required.
- Good understanding of food manufacturing principles, GMPs, HAACP, and government regulations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Ross)
- Strong time management, data management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Comprehension, written and oral Spanish language skills a plus.
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
- Passionate about food
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
- Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
- Create a culture of accountability & performance
- Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
COMPENSATION: $65,000 to $75,000 annually
SHIFT: Supporting day shift. Occasionally, overtime, nights, and weekends may be required. Candidates should be flexible on schedule availability.
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability Leave
- Tuition Assistance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
- Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
- The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
- Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel would be to other sites via airplane
- Must have availability and flexibility to work different shifts and days, sometimes for weeks at a time, to provide support and training to all of our employees. May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence