PM Production Supervisor
- Location: Savage, MD
- Position Type: Salary Full Time
To ensure continuous and efficient operation of the production line to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost. (SSQQC)
To manage, coach and develop direct reports to achieve day to day KPIs. We take the utmost pride in their products and expects each employee to do the same with their work.
Role and Responsibilities
· Always adhere to safe working practices
· Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your supervisor
· Ensure finished product conforms to specifications
· Manufacture quality products efficiently within time and quantity parameters
· Drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines
· Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
· Follow the company GMP’s
· Always ensure clean and tidy production area
· Remove out of spec material from production line
· Complete Date Code and Label checks.
· Report Downtime to maintenance in a timely manner
· Plan all activities to reduce downtime
· Record data.
· Manage ERP system transactions.
· Manage employees work schedules, breaks and tardiness
· Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
· Conduct Weekly team brief with direct reports
· Monitor and action all waste
· Manage inventory of raw material
· Manage, coach, and develop direct reports.
· Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor
· Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
· Take instructions from supervisors.
· Any other tasks deemed reasonable and requested by management
Qualifications and Experience
· 2 years manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry
· Experience working in temperature-controlled settings
· Experience with perishable items
· Proven record of accomplishment in safe working practices
· Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
· Goal oriented & well organized
· Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
· Willing to address demanding situations head on with patience and respect
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position has little to no contact with customers.
· Position makes an indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
· Decisions or actions may moderately impact other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Corporate Trainer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work occasionally requires some visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
· The position has some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
· Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel would be to other sites via airplane
· May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence