Packaging & Artwork Specialist
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-Time
The Packaging & Artwork Specialist is responsible for supporting the business by managing all the moving pieces of new and existing packaging and artwork through a products lifecycle, working collaboratively with members of the Master Data Team, Regulatory, Sales Planning, Operations, QA and Procurement teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
New Product Development
· Collaborate with Master Data, Marketing/ Sales Planning, Regulatory, and Procurement to initiate the creation of new packaging codes on any new and/or revised recipes
· Work with Marketing/Sales Planning and Regulatory to manage packaging art workflows, submitting artwork proofs to ProofHQ for internal approval and submitting to printer portals once approved, ensuring all tasks are completed with the appropriate timelines and providing status updates to the team.
· Create and manage bag and case labels for both Lynn and Everett, working in all necessary systems (Clarisoft, BarTender, CoLOS). Remove obsolete product label files from systems when needed.
· Manage and communicate all packaging code changes in recipes (codes, dates, nature of change) to affected parties, and document changes where necessary (FG Spec files, QA, Procurement, PCO files, Portals).
· Direct site Quality and Inventory Control teams to locate and block or discard packaging being replaced prior to transition dates to new codes.
· Work with Operations and Regulatory to optimize case and bag label designs for legibility and print stock efficiency where possible.
· Work with the Operations teams on new systems that come online requiring label database support (Vision systems, pallet rack labels, etc.).
· Work with Marketing/ Sale Planning, Procurement, and Operations to develop understanding and documentation of product packaging components to enable robust BOM verification for continual improvement of Commercialization
Qualifications and Experience
· 1-2 years’ experience in any relevant field, preferably with a science/ business/ technical background
· Broad knowledge of food production industry helpful, but not mandatory.
· Demonstrated ability to problem solve through collaboration with cross-functional teams
· Must be conscientious, accurate, detail oriented, organized and a team player
· Ability to quickly learn new systems/procedures. Ross, SAP or similar ERP system experience is a plus.
· Must know how to utilize all resources available, be willing to learn and accept changing priorities - Adapt at meeting deadlines
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
· Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
· Strong demonstrated organizational and project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem solving and strong analytical skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products, and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence