Maintenance Mechanic - Third Shift
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Full Time - Hourly
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the upkeep of the Green Bay facility and mechanical systems. The Maintenance Mechanic is expected to perform emergency repairs, preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair general electrical, hydraulic and mechanical equipment with minimal downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for troubleshooting, repair work and preventative maintenance on all production machinery, equipment and instrumentation to sustain plant operations at highly efficient levels. Equipment includes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and fluid handling systems.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic prints and diagrams and ladder logic programs.
· Proficient in using hand, power, shop and diagnostic tools.
· Ability to coordinate multiple job effectively, and to handle detailed and broad range projects.
· Ability to meet deadlines and be detail oriented.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work flexible hours.
· Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, comprehension) and follow complicated verbal and/or written instructions.
· Install and modify production equipment and machinery.
· Document project activities and prepare appropriate operating standards and/or maintenance procedures for all equipment and processes.
· Complete documentation process for machinery usage, equipment maintenance and purchases.
· Maintain cleanliness of maintenance equipment shop.
· Maintain appropriate inventory of maintenance supplies.
· PC literate, email and calendar outlook use.
· Skilled in electrical power/control, mechanical and fluid handling systems.
· Knowledge of production line packaging and filling equipment.
· Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
· Follows all Safety rules & procedures by working safely and ensuring the safety of others.
· Follow all food safety procedures.
· Follows all environmental protocols as applicable.
· Follows all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
· Associate degree or higher in industrial maintenance mechanic or similar.
· High school diploma of GED certificate.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in packaging and process equipment line maintenance of machinery in food or beverage manufacturing facility.
Competencies and Abilities:
· Demonstrates a high level of professionalism while promoting a friendly work environment.
· Must be dependable, trustworthy, able to bring energy to the performance of a task and able to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
· Ability to exhibit a professional and collaborative demeanor toward others; able to work productively with a variety of personalities and individuals.
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward.
· Positive attitude and motivation by contributing to the overall success of the team.
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments.
· Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect.