- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Full time - Salary
The Maintenance Manager oversees and leads maintenance procedures and actions within the Kettle Cuisine facility supporting QA and Operations and ensuring that the building and grounds are in an orderly condition. This position will lead any special engineering projects, processes and equipment including cap ex projects and commissioning of new equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand and comply with safe work practices and procedures to optimize efficiency and to maintain a safe working environment.
- Supports conducting root cause investigations for all safety incidents in order to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Provide assistance to injured employees by coordinating the proper medical care.
- Supports developing safety guidelines for facility.
- Responds to all OSHA related requirements.
- Understands and complies with all Kettle Cuisine and USDA quality procedures and regulations to ensure we provide safe and top-quality product to consumers.
- Responsible for the training and development of maintenance team.
- Direct maintenance team based on job specific procedures.
- Monitors and acts on performance of maintenance technicians.
- Process approvals and time and schedule adjustments through HRIS system.
- Manage any employee relations matters within team.
- Ensure all tools at are used to deliver effective timely repairs.
- Diagnose, repair and replace/install parts as and when required.
- Aid the effective operation of the engineering Dep’t and quality standards and service.
- Is on call as required for operations emergencies and needs.
- Organize and implement a preventative maintenance program and schedule to maximize the reliability and safety of all of our equipment.
- Responsible to lead and manage large projects within the facility.
- Establish standards, organize procedures and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement.
- Organize and monitor compliance with statutory and Kettle Cuisine health and safety requirements.
- Aid the planning and control maintenance of utilities to ensure agreed availability and efficiency improvements within budgeted costs.
- Work with local authorities to ensure we are in compliance of all regulatory matters.
- Process work orders, communicates with outside contractors and local vendors on repair needs.
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Communicates conditions of equipment by: completing appropriate maintenance records, transferring knowledge of conditions to incoming mechanics at shift change, and informing management of significant problems.
- Installs and facilitates new equipment.
- Develops, coordinates and administers a daily and weekly maintenance plan of preventative services and corrective work orders requested by maintenance technicians, operations and QA staff.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance procedures as per schedule.
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability.
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
- Facilitate effective shift hand off discussions between production and QA teams.
- Mentor and develop new maintenance technicians to grow their careers and contribution to Kettle Cuisine.
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management.
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
- Follows all Safety rules & procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others.
- Follows all food safety procedures.
- Follows all environmental protocols as applicable.
- Follows all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
As a leader within the Kettle Cuisine team you are expected to:
- Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture.
- Manage performance of all team members.
- Build a strong, committed, and collaborative team.
- Create a culture of accountability & performance.
- Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Plan work, track results and resolve variances.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Be able to work in hot and cold conditions.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience in food manufacturing.
- Must possess knowledge of basic electrical.
- Vocational schooling or Engineering degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of food manufacturing including Health and Safety, OSHA, FDA and EPA regulations relative to plant operation and maintenance.
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal skills needed for working with different departments and teams.
Company's Core Values
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
· Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
· Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
· Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
· Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence