Inventory Control Specialist
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full Time
- Maintain and improve overall inventory control of spare and replacement parts for use by maintenance and production departments.
- Manage processes for parts ordering, tracking, storage and retrieval to improve maintenance efficiency, accountability and accuracy.
- Develop, track and drive improvement in key storeroom metrics.
- Ensure high vendor delivery performance and negotiate fair pricing for goods and services.
- Primary function is accomplished in office / stock room environment
- Manufacturing environment, Conditions can be wet and cold
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and some holidays
- Metrics / Individual Performance Objectives
- Inventory Accuracy
- Service Level
- Cost of Stockouts
- Vendor Delivery Performance
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs inventory transactions using the CMMS system to support parts receipts, issues and adjustments.
- Ensures parts delivery dates are met and expedites orders as required.
- Ensures all rebuildable spares are tracked and sent off for rebuilds.
- Performs cycle counts on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of stated on hand inventory values.
- Analyze and manage inventory stocking levels and ordering rules to minimize material costs while maintaining sufficient stock to minimize equipment down time.
- Monitors record integrity to ensure accurate vendor, specification and cost information is maintained.
- Kits together parts for technicians as part of the preparation process for planned work.
- Generates inventory related reports as required.
- Manages the Equipment Disposal Order (EDO) process and coordinate elimination of obsolete parts.
- Receives, stocks, and stores parts received in the storeroom and other storage areas as appropriate.
- Maintains a safe stock room area with reasonable access to all parts.
- Develops and implements parts delivery metrics and enforces standards to ensure high vendor delivery performance.
- Negotiates with suppliers and service providers to obtain competitively priced quotes for needed parts and maintenance services as necessary.
- Ensures maintenance department metrics and goals are achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of maintenance/facilities inventory control management
- Food manufacturing experience preferred Or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills, basic knowledge of computer programs and ability to learn maintenance management systems required
- 2+ years of CMMS experience strongly preferred
- Forklift Certified or ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to train employees
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results
- High level of personal initiative, self-driven, action and results oriented
- Thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere; open to change and creating change
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, generates enthusiasm, builds effective working relationships at all levels
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate quality services from suppliers and contractors
- Computer activities on a daily basis
- Extensive walking and standing
- Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
- Climb and balance
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.