Information Technology Specialist
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-Time
This position is accountable for providing in-depth knowledge and support of client/server systems and LAN/WAN networks. A primary emphasis is managing the IT infrastructure at our Everett Facility and having a responsive user service with good communications.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Information Technology Specialist will provide on location support for our Everett facility. They will be an active member of our Help Desk Team, that provides enterprise-wide IT technical support of office and production employees for hardware and software related problems including, but not limited to desktop computers, laptops, printers, scanners, phones, email, and networking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primary on location Support and Administrator for our Everett facility.
- Workstations: Desktop, laptop, and mobile device set up and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Server Administration: Monitor, maintain, test, troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade server related hardware, operating systems, server storage subsystems, file systems and applications.
- Software administrator: Includes ERP and Manufacturing specific software suites.
- ETAP execution and documentation.
- Provide on call, after hours support if necessary, and assistance for remote users.
- Performs routine maintenance on workstations including service packs, security patches, and software updates.
- Installs and approves updates to various software applications for users.
- Assists with Printer issues and installations.
- Active Directory and Office 365 email maintenance
- Manage, configure, troubleshoot, and secure Office 365.
- Assists with onboarding of new users.
- Manage day to day support and operations of all aspects of Active Directory including but not limited to user/group administration, group policy, file, print services, DNS & DHCP.
- Maintains network and asset documentation.
- Creates and maintains SOP’s for areas of responsibility within the IT department.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Position is not responsible for influencing the decisions or actions of others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position has little or no impact on revenue, actions and results are subject to review or inspections.
- Decisions or actions have a limited impact on the business. – typically within a department. Errors are usually detected through routine verification/review, but may result in some work flow disruption or repetition of work.
- Cross-trains other employees and answers questions from co-workers, but is not responsible for performance management.
- Requires minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience.
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs, specifically Outlook.; operating systems, email systems, active directory, data protection, mobile devices, cyber security, cloud computing, windows 10, Office 365.
- Networking experience. Meraki or Cisco a plus.
- Manufacturing experience is a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an IT Support Specialist encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee typically works in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards.
- This position has infrequent exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work.
- Travel is not required for this position.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Food & beverage industry a plus
- Professional IT Certifications a plus. Specifically, A+, Microsoft
- Familiar with the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Specifically, TCP/IP, DNS and AD.
- Highly skilled troubleshooter and problem solver
- Experience working in manufactory environments a plus
- Strong customer service background with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
- Passionate about food
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
o Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
o Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
o Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
o Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.