Human Resources Manager
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Position Type: Full time - Salary
The HR Manager is responsible for overseeing all functions within Human Resources and serves as a front-line operational support and internal business partner for the Kettle Cuisine Green Bay manufacturing site, which includes both manufacturing operations and administration. The Human Resources Manager will provide leadership and direction for recommending, implementing, and supporting employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
The Human Resources Manager will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: full-cycle recruitment for both hourly and salaried staff, payroll, onboarding, workforce planning, talent development, change management, employee relations, performance management, worker’s compensation management, employment law and compliance, employee engagement events and HR reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a key member of the plant Leadership Team, provides sound advice and coaching to department leaders on all HR related areas that impact the plant.
- Develops a positive working relationship with management and employees in order to resolve disagreements that may occur and to facilitate change or implement continuous improvement initiatives to achieve company goals.
- Manages employee relations, providing direction and counsel regarding human resources tools and processes. Conducts investigations and maintains disciplinary procedures, ensuring fair and effective application and administration of company policies.
- Builds effective relationships with operational departments to understand their business goals and to proactively identify and implement solutions that align with organizational strategies.
- Manages and administers bi-weekly payroll for facility.
- Manages multiple position requisitions concurrently and takes accountability for recruitment delivery targets.
- Leads talent management programs, including performance review cycle tracking, individual development plans, and succession planning. Coordinates and facilitates onboarding programs, training and development programs, and required training programs to effectively develop our team members.
- Identifies opportunities to optimize business processes to create efficiencies along with the broader KC HR team.
- Administers health and welfare programs and conducts compensation analysis.
- Ensures the facility is in compliance with all Federal and State laws relating to such policies as EEO, FMLA, FLSA, Human Rights, ERISA, Cal OSHA, I-9 etc. Responsible for HR and Payroll portion of Customer audits.
- Participates in plant staff meetings to ensure an integrated business partnership and strong link with strategy and the direction of the business.
- Leverages system generated reports to conduct regular audits and provide relevant metrics and reports to the Plant Manager and EVP of Human Resources. Demonstrates ability to critically analyze HR data for the purpose of identifying trends and preparing HR plans (i.e. performance management tracking, vacancy reports, HR scorecard, retention rates, etc.)
- Manages worker’s compensation program including accident investigation, root cause analysis, reporting, and return to work program.
- Participates in various HR projects with broader HR team at Kettle as required.
- Accessible to all production shifts.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy and maintains discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive employee data.
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
o Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
o Manage performance of all team members
o Build a strong, committed, and collaborative team
o Develop individual team members & their careers
o Manages on-going and regular reviews and objectives reviews for all direct team members
o Create a culture of accountability & performance
o Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
o Plan work, track results and resolve variances
Qualifications and Experience
o Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR field; food & beverage industry preferred
o Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
o Must have a desire to walk the production floor
o Curiosity and drive to learn the key factors that drive our success in safely delivering quality product at a competitive cost
o Experience and aptitude with payroll systems, preferably with Paycom
o PHR Certification (or equivalent); SPHR certification or equivalent preferred
o Bi-lingual Spanish and English is preferred
o Highly proficient in HR concepts, practices, and procedures
o Expert knowledge of employment laws, regulations and standards
o Experienced working with factory environments
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Strong Microsoft Office skills
o Business acumen