Human Resources Generalist
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for weekly/biweekly payroll and general HR administrative duties. The successful candidate is customer focused, detail oriented, skilled in prioritizing multiple tasks and shares our desire to demonstrate our Company Values at every opportunity. This is a hands-on, full-time generalist position supporting multiple shifts. Responsibilities include assisting in onboarding, training, employee relations; leave of absence administration, workers compensation claims, compliance, audits (i-9s, benefits, etc.), customer audits, payroll, and benefits administration. This position will be responsible for providing assistance to employees and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Role and Responsibilities
· Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, monthly premium processing, and COBRA administration.
· Working with employees on administrative issues and performance issues; participating in employee coaching/counseling sessions and terminations.
· Manage, prepare and process weekly and biweekly payrolls using Paycom, posting payroll data and ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws regarding payroll administration.
· Assists employees and supervisors with payroll issues and requests for payroll information. Research payroll issues/discrepancies and processes necessary corrections. Must comply with the regulatory standards, policies, and procedures of payroll.
· Create and maintain payroll tables and reports as needed.
· Process a weekly payroll of over 350 employees using Paycom
· Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
· Prepare and process health insurance changes and deductions, reconcile and pay invoices and perform benefits administration to include claims resolution and change reporting.
· Streamline and automate human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
· Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regard to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
· determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner.
· Provide support for employee engagement activities which include but not limited to coordinating employee activities/events, administering recognition programs, facilitating site communications, and participating on the site’s engagement team
Qualifications and Experience
· A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and two (2) plus years of Human Resources experience or any similar combination of education and experience is preferred.
· Bilingual communication skills - Spanish and English – is strongly preferred.
· Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
· Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax regulations.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence
· Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills preferred
· Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.