Food Safety Data Analyst
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: FT
The Food Safety Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, compiling, analyzing, and publishing Key Performance Indicators for the business. In addition, this role is responsible for providing performance and management insight through analysis of trends and data. The successful candidate will focus on the execution of consumer driven sensory and analytical testing, a keen understanding of trained sensory panel data, and enhancing current sensory methods. This person will help to identify trends in product quality, sensory and customer complaints, participate in new Product Development with a focus on organoleptic, identifying key watch outs and building added strength to the reporting of internal product and consumer data. A scientific focus, prioritization, ability to collaborate with others and project management skills are essential. Kettle Cuisine takes the upmost pride in their products and expects each employee to do the same with their work.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collection, compilation, analysis and publishing data for customer complaints and key performance indicators of quality systems in the plant (KPI’s)
• Daily, weekly, and monthly trending of quality and food safety related data to track effectiveness of programs and improve effectiveness.
• Reporting out data and trends daily, weekly, monthly to (Director) in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Key testing and analysis work in Production and QA lab.
• Provide performance insight through trending and management of data for the business.
• Assist the department in root cause investigations of customer complaints and controllable incidents. • Conducts analyses, identifies process weaknesses, develops corrective action, and monitors implementation and maintenance of corrective actions.
• Ensure all structured technical quality and food safety related tasks (calibrations, operational audits) are being maintained and results are reviewed and filed.
• Bachelor’s degree in a food science, food technology, or related discipline in a scientific or technical discipline.
• Minimum 2 years in a Production or Manufacturing environment, preferably Food production.
• Ability to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets with proficiency in pivot tables and analytical spreadsheet creation.
• Analytical skills that include data analysis and communication.
• Ability to spot trends and extrapolate data to provide key insight that helps the QA and Ops team drive performance improvement.
• Attention to detail – ability to review verification records and spot errors and inaccuracies
• Working knowledge of SPC, HACCP, Quality Management Systems and RCA is preferred
• A desire to continuously improve our reporting and quality systems.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) • Computer skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to details.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work.
CORE VALUES Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day. • Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle • Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners • Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence ADDITIONAL NOTES • Other duties may be assigned as necessary.