Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: FT
JOB SUMMARY The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading, developing, planning and directing food safety and quality activities in support of Kettle Cuisine’s quality assurance operations and goals, ensuring that company standards are exceeded with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented formalized training for employees within the organization in all areas. This position is a key member of the leadership team and has direct budget responsibility for all areas which fall under his/her supervision. The position requires a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead subordinates and others. The Quality Assurance Manager must be a skilled communicator who can convey information, ideas and policy to all levels within the organization. In the absence of the FS&QA Manager the duties will be performed by the either the Director of FS&QA or as prescribed by the company’s organizational chart.
• Serves as Food Safety Management System Team Leader to: Review and update the Team on all industry Food safety requirements, training programs within the facility, ensure that the current Food Safety System is adhered to and updated when required; Prerequisite Programs, HACCP and HARPC(Preventive Controls), GMPs, SSOPs, GFSI Standards and current procedures, USDA/FSIS, NOP and GFCO guidelines and policies.
• Perform food processing audits and complete findings reports where required and report out to the Team. • Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Continuous Improvement and QA&FS Initiatives
• Assist and lend expertise on New Product Development and Commercialization of New Product in go live process. • Oversee the microbiological and quality testing laboratory program to ensure all QC testing is completed per procedures and results are maintained and reported out as required.
. • Ineffective actions could result in significant loss of time, resources and/or could have moderate impact on the organization’s public image. Decisions or actions have a significant impact on the organization. Errors are difficult to detect and may be difficult and/or costly to correct. Decisions may have a significant impact on resources and organizational effectiveness; funding, productivity, service, quality, security of assets or external relationships may be adversely affected.
• On-the-job training of 6-12 months. • Creates advanced templates linking databases, spreadsheets and other documents.; Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, ERP system and Quality system experience needed
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Quality Assurance Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands/Efforts
• Work requires occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Mental & Visual Demands • Work performed by this position requires a high degree of mental concentration required to prioritize and effectively execute extremely complex tasks.
• This position has infrequent exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work. • Travel for this position is in excess of 50% including regular out-of-state and overnight travel.
CORE VALUES Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day. • Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle • Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners • Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team • Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.