Finance Systems Manager
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full Time
Kettle Cuisine handcrafts small batch, all-natural soups, sauces, sous vide meats, glace, demi-glace and entrees from scratch for restaurants, foodservice operators and grocery retailers who take pride in the food they share with guests. This is a great place to be and it’s an exciting time to join the company as we look to continue to grow organically and through acquisitions.
This new role will be responsible for improving systems and processes, with an initial focus on AP and AR. The Finance Systems Manager will be responsible for documenting and strengthening processes and building controls across the different ERP systems to drive efficiency and reduce errors. He or she will be heavily involved in the planned ERP consolidation and integration of newly acquired sites. The role will involve working with other members of the Accounting and FP&A teams, as well as with Sales, Operations, and the CFO. The Finance Systems Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Treasury and Finance Operations. The right person for the role will be passionate about driving change and making a difference.
Role and Responsibilities
o Process Improvements – Document and improve processes to eliminate errors and rework, whether driven by human error or systems issues. Become an expert on Ross ERP and connected systems and how the systems fit together. Automate and simplify processes to reduce workload across the team.
o Reporting – Strengthen KPI’s and deliver improved reporting on Finance processes such that the Senior Finance team can understand trends and address any issues.
o ERP consolidation – Support the planned consolidation onto one ERP system, with a focus on inventory and materials
o AP, AR and deduction management tools - Work with the Director of Treasury and others to agree which applications the business is going to use, and implement or re-implement them across the different sites.
o Other – Support the rest of the team as required. Lead and contribute to other initiatives, within and beyond Finance
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Cross-trains other employees and answers questions from co-workers, but is not responsible for performance management.
SKILL REQUIRED: *These must reflect the minimum for consideration for the role
o Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience
o Proven experience driving process improvments
o Strong project managment and change management skills
o Strong Excel skills, including V-lookups, filtering, and pivot tables
o Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees at all levels
o Bachelor’s degree
o Not required but a plus:
o Experience with Finance processes, AR/Order to Cash or AP
o Experience with an ERP implementation or roll-out
o Experience in a multi-site set up
o Experience with any or all of the following: SQL, Great Plains, Enterprise 21, Ross (Aptean)
o Project Management qualifications
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Curiosity and problem-solving skills
· Able to work independently and communicate in a clear and concise fashion
· Attention to detail, well organized
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Senior Accountant encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work requires little or no physical exertion.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
· Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee can work from home, or if preferred in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards.
· This position has limited exposure to hazards that require the exercise of caution with little likelihood of injury.
· Travel is not required for this position.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.