Director of Engineering and Maintenance
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: FT
The Director of Engineering and Maintenance is responsible for providing the technical expertise and technical leadership to deliver results for the Everett, WA plant and the Engineering function across the company. The leader is responsible for and provides direction and accountability for the leaders and functions of Maintenance, projects (capital and expense), MRO, facilities, and utilities functions. This person will provide critical leadership for major capital projects and maintenance excellence and ensure plant safety, operations, and quality and support members have solutions needed to drive safety, quality and performance plans. Key indicators include safety incidents, quality non-conformance, yield, and machine uptime, as well as labor cost/lb and maintenance cost/lb. • This role reports directly to the VP of Operations and interacts frequently with peers and other technical leaders within Kettle.
• Develop and Maintain cross-functional relationships with staff peers to meet needs of the business. • Accountability for management of external technical relationships with A/E firms, contractors, suppliers, and equipment vendors
• Develop and hold appropriate team members accountable for budgets for Maintenance, Support, ancillary functions, and capital projects to meet the needs of the business (operational, strategic, and business)
• Provide engineering professional and technical support for Kettle Cuisine. Responsible for engineering, maintenance, facilities, grounds, continuous improvement support and capital project management. Provide technical leadership and guidance to the Kettle Cuisine Leadership team. Facilitate teams and projects in their mission to drive equipment reliability. Oversee preparation of equipment specifications, layouts, and direct the installation of capital equipment. Develop and manage the Capital Expenditure Plan for Kettle Cuisine. Interface with Department Managers to drive improvements in the operation of key production equipment. Identify and execute continuous improvement projects that deliver significant annual savings in direct labor, energy, and material waste.
• Requires seven to ten years of experience; to include at least five years of experience in increasingly complex industrial supervisory positions utilizing a combination of technical, managerial, and financial expertise.
• Strong knowledge of food manufacturing including Health and Safety, OSHA, UDSA, FDA and EPA regulations relative to plant operation and maintenance. WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Director Engineering and Maintenance encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Work is in a variety of climates, both temperature controlled (-20 to 80 degrees) and uncontrolled • Work requires frequent physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Compensation: $150,000-$165,000 (DOE)
Target Bonus: 15% of annual salary
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Life and Disability Insurance
Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.