Director HR Operations
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full-Time
The HR Operations Director is responsible for the strategic direction, management, optimization, and oversight of all HR operations within the organization. This role plays a pivotal part in ensuring the efficient execution of HR functions and processes to support the organization's mission and objectives.
- Develop and execute the HR operations strategy aligned with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
HR Process Management
- Oversee and optimize HR processes, including recruitment, onboarding, HR administration, benefits, compensation, and performance management.
- Responsible for project management and for driving execution of all HR initiatives, change management processes, and improvements to enhance HR efficiency. Engage with stakeholders to gather feedback and address concerns.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations and maintain HR policies and procedures.
- Create standardized processes and ensure consistency across the HR organization.
Compensation and Benefits
- Oversee the design and administration of compensation and benefits programs, including salary structures, incentive plans, employee benefits packages, and other elements of total rewards. This includes designing programs and processes, analyzing market trends, conducting salary reviews, and ensuring competitive compensation practices.
- Regularly participate in salary and benefit surveys in appropriate industries and locations; maintain pay structures and policies and programs for performance evaluation/management and salary reviews; maintain formal descriptions on all company positions; evaluate programs and services, consistent with industry practice and company objectives; assist in developing individual and group incentive compensation plans.
Employee Well Being
- Promote employee well-being initiatives that prioritize physical, mental, and emotional health. This could include implementing wellness programs, work-life balance initiatives, etc.
HR Policies and Compliance
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date employee handbook for all facilities.
- Responsible for company compliance with DOL, COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA and for human resources statutory filings.
- Stay updated on employment laws and industry trends to advise management and ensure best practices. Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations under OSHA, COBRA, ERISA, Wage/Hour, EEO/AAP, ADA, Drug Testing, and other relevant statutes; monitor company exposure; ensure that applicable policies and procedures, as authorized by executive team, for equitable hiring practices, D&I, disciplinary actions, termination proceedings, benefits, and employee complaints are developed and implemented according to associated regulatory laws and practices.
- Manage benefit plans, workers’ compensation and unemployment claims, FMLA and ADA programs.
Employee Relations and Compliance
- Track and monitor employee relations matters across the enterprise, identify trends, and collaborate with the HRD, Talent and Culture and the HRD, Corporate to provide recommendations and guidance.
- Ensure the organization's compliance with labor laws, regulations, and HR-related reporting.
HR Technology and Systems
- Lead the optimization of HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and other HR software to streamline operations.
- Stay updated on emerging HR technology trends and innovations and make recommendations for enhancements of current platforms.
Budget and Resource Management
- Manage the HR operations budget and allocate resources effectively to support HR initiatives.
- Monitor and control HR operations costs to ensure efficiency.
- Vendor and Partner Management
- Oversee relationships with external HR service providers and vendors.
- Negotiate contracts and manage service agreements to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Master's degree or relevant HR certifications a plus.
- Proven experience in senior HR leadership roles, preferably in HR operations or a related function (10+ years).
- Strong strategic thinking, project management, and decision-making skills.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, labor laws, and regulations.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills, collaborative style, effective internal and external relations.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and management.
- Strong facilitation and project management skills; detail orientation
- Flexibility to work in an environment with constantly shifting, and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Drive and initiative.
- Results oriented critical thinker and innovative problem solver.
- Executive presence.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- High energy, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
Travel: Up to 15%
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths, and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence