- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Contract
The Corporate Trainer will be, reporting to Human Resources, and will be a vital business partner to Operations, Food Safety/Quality and employee health and safety. Primarily responsible for assisting the company in meeting its business objectives through effective training programs for all locations. The Corporate Trainer is responsible for developing and delivering training to new and existing employees in all aspects of manufacturing, supply chain, and business office functions, maintaining records of all training including: documents and updates, implementing new training schedules, developing and revising Standard Operating Procedures, assuring safety in the work place and adherence to our GMPs, Food Safety and Quality Systems, providing hands-on training in all factory areas in addition to developing training materials and utilizing multiple forms of training media. Will develop annual training and employee development plans and strategies for Kettle Cuisine.
Role and Responsibilities
Is responsible for creating skill development training that can be delivered by factory, safety and quality trainers within our facilities. Maintains accurate training records and ensures that employees have completed required training in a timely manner. Analyzes job duties and writes job breakdowns; develops and adheres to training timetables. Develops standardized training plans, assessments, data gathering systems and tracks employee progression and success rates that ensure employees think systematically about their job and the critical link between KPIs, standardization and continuous improvement. Conducts audits and evaluates work instructions to ensure employees are performing processes as stated.
Assist in delivering safety and quality classes to new hires and current employees. Must be comfortable in front of an audience and willing to speak in public on a regular basis. Provides training assistance for new and current employees that are learning new skills. Pairs employees with employee trainers/coaches to ensure effective assimilation of the job requirements. Supports trainers/coaches and conducts audits to ensure training is being conducted satisfactorily. Acts as a champion of Kettle Cuisine and its core values, and as a change agent by encouraging positive attitudes and behaviors towards training, skill development and work duties. Will support other HR projects as needed.
· Writes or revises SOP’s, job aids, knowledge assessments and skills assessments; compiles and publishes training metrics
· Analyzes training needs and develops specific training programs to help employees learn, sustain, and/or improve their job skills
· Develops train-the-trainer training for others, such as production and packaging trainers, to deliver to employees
· Develops annual training matrix by employee group (temps, prep, packaging, forklift, office, etc.) and monitors training compliance. Provide constructive feedback and coaching to employees
· Develop skills training matrix for skilled positions (machine operators, kettle cooks, etc.) to advance employee skills and develop employee’s cross functional knowledge
· Facilitate classroom training programs and provide on the job training to employees. Facilitate various non-technical training (train the trainer, leadership and other soft skill training) as well as computer based and classroom training as needed
· Works with HR Teams to manage external training vendors and grant programs and coordinate meeting times and spaces for training programs
· Research and recommend new training methods. Identify training gaps and develop strategies to close them
· Anticipate problems or opportunities and implement proactive solutions
· Manage and execute training interventions designed to solve specific training problems for either individuals or groups
· Contribute to a culture of safety first in compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) for all employees
· Train, explain and ensure execution of processes in production while strictly adhering to GMP, quality, food safety and environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum Education: Bachelors’ degree
· Must have a good command of the English language both written and spoken, being able to develop, deliver, read, and understand training material.
· Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills, be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and provide constructive feedback and coaching to other employees.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, high level of organization and time management skills. Must have good research skills to perform advanced and analytical research to find reliable and relevant content for the learner.
· High empathy skills and understanding of effective adult teaching methodologies and the willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in teaching
· Prior experience in manufacturing or pharmaceutical industry, with preference for food or beverage, industry experience
· Experience in developing or delivering training in a manufacturing and office environment. Prior experience with vocational training programs desirable.
· Ability to develop, train and implement standard work instructions, work processes, and flow documents for training and development.
· Lean/CI background is highly desired.
· Experience and proficiency with the following applications or systems preferred: Outlook email, and calendars; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, LMS, and Alchemy.
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
· Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
As A Leader Within the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position has little to no contact with customers.
· Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.