Contract IQS Specialist
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Contract
The process engineering team in the operations department at Kettle Cuisine is hiring a Contract IQS Specialist. We are looking for candidates seeking a contract position in the food and beverage industry. Successful candidates will have a keen interest in applying their technical skills to execute software implementation projects in a fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing setting. This is a flexible 6-month part-time or 12-month full-time position with an immediate target start date. Working hours are also flexible. Some off-hours and weekend availability will be required occasionally for training responsibilities across multiple shifts.
Project work will include implementation of real-time data collection and quality monitoring software, InfinityQS or IQS, in an active food production environment. The IQS Specialist will serve as the lead administrator and trainer for the software for the duration of the contract. This will also include developing dashboards for records review by area managers in the plant. Job training will be provided for the hired candidate. The IQS Specialist will serve as the lead administrator for the software for the duration of the contract.
Role and Responsibilities
· Plan and execute tasks for multiple projects in different areas of the plant based on requirements in existing controlled documents.
· Provide weekly progress updates to project stakeholders and supervisor toward project goals.
· Organize and maintain detailed project files and exercise excellent technical communication to internal customers.
· Work with adjacent functional areas including Safety, Quality, and Information Technology (IT) as needed to accomplish project objectives.
· Provide training on data entry and analysis in IQS to leads and supervisors in Operations and Quality Assurance departments.
Qualifications and Experience
· 2-3 years of relevant work experience in food manufacturing, food service, restaurant/hospitality, IT, or related fields.
· Previous experience in food production, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical manufacturing setting or similar highly desired.
· 1-2 years of coursework completed toward a degree in Computer or Information Technology, Manufacturing or Engineering Technology, or Administrative Management highly desired.
· Coursework or certificates in Food Safety, Quality Assurance, or Food Science highly desired.
· Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
· Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
· Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
· Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
· Passionate about food
· Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
As a key member of the Kettle Cuisine Team You Are Expected To:
· Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
· Create a culture of accountability & performance
· Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Plan work, track results and resolve variances
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within areas of responsibility.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
· Position has little to no contact with customers.
· Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
· Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delays in work output.
Kettle Cuisine offers the following benefits at low cost or no cost:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Life Insurance and Disability Leave
· Tuition Assistance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work requires occasional physical exertion, including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work occasionally requires some degree of visual effort for periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with some exposure to heat, cold, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
· Employee will work on the production floor and be required to wear full PPE. All jewelry and piercings must be able to be removed.
· No travel offsite is required for this position.
· Must have availability and flexibility to work different shifts and days. May need to work weekends or overtime as required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence