Bilingual Human Resource Generalist
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: FT
Job Summary Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Generalist provides a broad range of expert services: recruitment and succession planning; employee development and training; employee relations; employment law and policy interpretation; compensation management; benefits administration; employee rewards/recognition; regulatory compliance guidance; and HR reporting.
• Support the execution of the Kettle Cuisine People Strategy processes that attract, develop, recognize, and retain employees to support the organization's short- and long-term strategic business needs.
• Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, complaint investigation and response, recruitment, performance management, and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Assist with benefits administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, monthly premium processing, and COBRA administration
. • Facilitate employee coaching/counseling sessions and terminations.
• Manage, prepare and process weekly timesheets using Paycom and ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws regarding wage and hour laws, and employment practices.
• Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
• Prepare and process health insurance changes and deductions and perform benefits administration to include claims resolution and change reporting.
• Streamline and automate human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department. • Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
• Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
• Handle employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regard to employee questions, issues, or concerns
. • Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner.
• Provide support for employee engagement activities which include but not limited to coordinating employee activities/events, administering recognition programs, facilitating site communications, and participating on the site’s engagement team Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
• Minimum 3+ years of experience as an HR Generalist working in a food manufacturing, distribution, or warehouse industry required.
• Professional certification in Human Resources preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP).
• Bilingual communication skills - Spanish and English – is a must.
• Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence. • Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills highly preferred.
• Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
• Solid history of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentational skills.
• Solid analytical, reasoning and deduction skills; high level of attention to details
. • Solid knowledge and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPPA and EEO is required.
• Proven experience managing various types of leaves of absences.
• Experience with W/C claims management, injury investigations, and work site programs is a plus.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in a cross functional team atmosphere.
• Experience with positive employee relations in a multi-cultural food production or manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in a lean manufacturing and knowledge of GMPs is desirable.
• Possess solid interpersonal and communication skills
. • Must have understanding of OSHA regulations and recordkeeping requirements.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize the workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal direction. Required Skill/Abilities:
• High level of interpersonal skills and professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential situations and detailed documentation.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
. • Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment-related laws and regulations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish • Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. • Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. • Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.