3rd Shift Production Supervisor
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full Time
Role and Responsibilities
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
· Recommends actions and alternatives to Production Manager.
· Position has no contact with customers.
· Coordinates staffing or scheduling of others but is not responsible for performance management.
· Decisions or actions have a limited impact on the business, typically within a department. Errors are usually detected through routine verification/review but may result in some workflow disruption or repetition of work.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Production Supervisor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work requires frquent physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Work performed by this position requires moderate mental concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
· Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
· Employee works in a manufacturing setting with frequent exposure to heat/cold, dust, or other factors that may require protective equipment and still pose a hazard.
· This position has regular exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work.
EMBRACE AND DEMONSTRATE COMPANY CORE VALUES IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR BEHAVIOR
Honor Food - understand and appreciate our products and educate our business partners.
Honor Each Other – treat all colleagues with utmost respect, support and motivate colleagues.
Honor Partners – Maintain honest relationships and advocate for shared success with all stakeholders.
Honor Creativity – infuse passion, be original and follow our instincts.
Honor Integrity – be honest, forthright and demonstrate and share our values.
Honor Learning – seek opportunities to develop – recognize and nurture team strengths and interest.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Supervisor were assigned LSW (leader standard work) specific for each area. In case you want to have the detail.
This is an specific filling area task. Supervisors review their subordinates task on every area and make sure that all tasks are done withing specs.
Same as above.
Supervisors report issues with employees regarding schedule and tardiness but the manager is the one who follows up and apply any corrective or disciplinary action.
Huddles as we call them, are performed by the managers but the supervisors are require to learn the process and cover for the manager.