2nd Shift Shipping Lead
- Location: Lynn, MA
- Position Type: Full Time
Ensure continuous and efficient operation of the established receiving and put-away process, as well as all subsequent inventory transactions. Supervises and manages daily operation of all Shipping workers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick / Stage and load out customer orders.
- Maintain, invoice and generate accurate paperwork for customer orders
- Coordinate items available for pickup with 3rd party carriers
- Perform cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy
- Adhere to safe working practices at all times
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your manager
- Perform accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Ensure clean and tidy work areas at all times
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime
- Load vehicles timely, accurately and efficiently, when needed
- Organize and prioritize pick-order for the night
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor
- Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Communicate an end of shift breakdown / Hand-off to the next shift
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within area of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Receives customer questions and responds within prescribed areas of knowledge.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and
- Coordinates staffing or scheduling of others, but is not responsible for performance management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Requires one - three years of manufacturing experience in the food industry
- On-the-job training of 3-6 months.
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform data entry, format documents and create advanced templates.
- 3 Years of manufacturing experience,
- 3 Years of experience with inventory control
- Experience working in temperature controlled settings
- Experience with perishable items
- Proven track record in safe working practices
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a pallet jack / fork lift
- Able to interact and communicate with the supervisors and team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts, on time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Mathematical skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Shipping Lead encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires continuous physical exertion including lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires moderate mental concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with frequent exposure to heat/cold, dust, noise or other factors that may require protective equipment and still pose a hazard.
- This position has regular exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work.
- Travel is not required for this position.