2nd Shift QA Technician
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-time
Ensures all records pertaining to HACCP, Pre-requisite programs and SSOPs are reviewed for accuracy and any deficiencies are identified. Supply ordering for Quality related equipment, supplies and services. Reporting of internal and external Quality and Production related metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform analytical testing including but not limited to pH, sodium, color, drain weight, water activity, brix & moisture.
· Performs verification of food safety and quality checks established in the KC-Everett Plant’s HACCP/FSMA and Preventive Control Programs.
· Ensure Food Safety and Regulatory compliance of sanitation practices.
· Provide on the floor QA support to help with the investigation and trouble-shooting of any food safety, quality, or process control related issues.
· Assists QA management in the collection of data for the purpose of improving products and systems as necessary as it relates to food safety and quality (Statistical Process Controls.)
· Ensure work areas on the floor follow plant GMP requirements and also meet all local, state and federal regulations.
· Perform verification system checks to ensure sanitation systems are on track including daily pre-operational sanitation checks (inspections, APC, ATP, and Environmental monitoring.)
· Assist QA and R&D as needed during special batch runs.
· Assist QA and Operations in conformance checks of ingredients, packaging, and finished product to ensure they meet established specifications.
· Work in a safe manner and follow all Kettle Cuisine standards, along with Federal, State, and Local regulations for occupational safety.
· Assist QA and site in accomplishing the KC-Everett Plant and QA departmental goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2-year technical degree or 4-year college program in Food Science, Quality or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HACCP and USDA/FDA regulations.
- HACCP certification preferred.
- Inventory and database management experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and create processes and write procedures.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the busines community.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Works, Excel
- Thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere; open to change and creating change.
- Computer skills – extensive knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and an email system.
Preferred education/experience and skills
- Ability to multitask with an extremely high level of attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, generates enthusiasm and builds effective working environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and get thing done!
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products, and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
· Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all-natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle.
· Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners.
· Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths, and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team.
· Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence.