2nd shift Lead QA Technician
- Location: Everett, WA
- Position Type: Full-time
· Ensure day to day operations of the Quality Assurance Department are staffed and covered.
· Ensure food safety and quality systems on the production floor are performing as intended. This includes direct involvement for the resolution of issues, investigating, and auditing production processes and controls.
· Audit sanitation systems to ensure they are compliant with FDA/USDA/SQF standards.
· Performs verification of quality and food safety checks established in the Kettle Cuisine HACCP and pre-requisite programs.
· Assists QA management in the collection of data for the purpose of improving products and systems as necessary as it relates to food safety and quality (Statistical Process Controls.)
· Perform verification system checks to ensure sanitation systems are on track including Daily pre-operational sanitation checks (inspections, APC, ATP, and Environmental monitoring.)
· Train, motivate and guide QA technicians in safety carrying out department duties and responsibilities in an efficient manner.
· Ensure work areas on the floor are clean and organized in compliance to Kettle Cuisine/CSC standards, as well as local, state and federal regulations.
· Assist QA and R&D/PD as needed during special batch runs.
· Provide on the floor QA support to help with the investigation and troubleshooting of any food safety, quality and process control related issues.
· Assist QA and Operations in conformance checks of ingredients, packaging and finished product to established specifications.
· Help maintain sampling program for new products and other products for the purpose of shelf life studies and retention storage or certain finished products.
· Work in a safe manner and follow all Kettle Cuisine and CSC standards, along with Federal, State and Local regulations for occupational safety.
· Assist QA and site in accomplishing Kettle Cuisine and QA departmental goals and objectives.
· Associates Degree in Biology, Food Science, Chemistry, or related Sciences preferred
· One (1) Year of related experience in or with Quality Assurance
· Food manufacturing facility experience preferred
· 1-3 years’ progressive leadership experience
· Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Training in SPC and good mathematical skills
· Certified auditor Training, SQF Practitioner, HACCP Certified preferred
Physical Activities Required - The physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Extensive walking and standing
· Good vision/hearing/and speaking ability
· Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
· Climb and balance
· Lifting up to 30 lbs.
· Manufacturing environment 60% of the time – conditions can be wet and cold
· Office environment 40% of the time
· Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and some holidays
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
Ø Honor Food – We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
Ø Honor Each Other – We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
Ø Honor Development – We recognize and nurture each other’s talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
Ø Honor Innovation – We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence