Jillian Greene Product Development Chef
Jillian is born and raised in the suburbs of Boston. From a young age she would watch her mom cook and as soon as she was able, she would help out in the kitchen. She was always looking forward to the next meal. "What is for dinner?" she would ask at breakfast time. Always interested in what the next great meal will be, combined with a love of food and cooking brought her to the Culinary Institute of America. Returning home to Boston, and a graduate of The CIA with a degree in Baking and Pastry in 2006, Jillian began her career working at Finale Desserts in 2007. Living by the- "Life is short, eat desserts first" motto, Jillian left the dessert world and became involved in Research and Development for Papa Gino's Pizzaria and D'Angelo Sandwich shops in 2008 as a Culinary R&D Specialist. After 5 Years, Jillian began her journey with Kettle Cuisine in 2013 and is excited to be surrounded and work with an innovative team that thrives on living, breathing and (of course!) eating wonderful food who also are always looking to what the next great meal (or soup!) will be
- If you were a Kettle Cuisine soup, which one would you be?
- I would be New England Clam chowder. As a Massachusetts native... this is a Boston classic that always reminds me of home, where I've come from, and where I've chosen to stay. It's always reliable and always delicious!
- Who or what do you find inspiration from?
- Inspiration can come in so many forms that sometimes I never truly know where the idea came from in the first place. I gather ideas from cookbooks, online blogs, places I've traveled (or want to travel!), friends and family, and restaurants. Sometime just something as simple as an ingredient that catches my eye at the grocery store can spark inspiration.
- What is your favorite kitchen utensil or appliance?
- My favorite utensil is the whisk. I love how it can change the property of an ingredient, like cream into whipped cream or egg whites into meringue, right before your eyes... like magic!
- What ingredient do you most often use in your home cooking?
- Cheese... any variety, for any meal of the day. From Breakfast to dessert there are so many different types and uses!
- What is your earliest childhood memory that speaks to your love of making or eating food?
- I used to fake sick to stay at home with my mom because every time I stayed home from school we would bake cookies or brownies. My mom loves to tell that story.
- What is your all time favorite food indulgence?
- Ice cream! My favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip with chocolate jimmies.