Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
3rd Shift Production Supervisor
3rd Shift Packing Supervisor
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Location: Everett WA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryKettle Cuisine. Imagine a company full of people who are so passionate about making and delivering delicious food, that it has become their career. That's us; and it could be you! Join us to find your career in food! Kettle Cuisine handcrafts small batch, all natural soups, sauces, sous vide meats, glace, demi-glace and entrees from scratch for restaurants, foodservice operators and grocery retailers who take pride in the food they share with guests. The Environmental, Health and Safety Manger (EH&S Manager) will ensure the safety vision, goals and daily mission of our Kettle Cuisine Safety Culture is understood, embraced and communicated to achieve a sustainable safety culture. Included in the role is development and implementation of Kettle security, safety and health related projects, programs, objectives and training, as well as, monitoring programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations of federal/state agencies, local/corporate initiatives and other parties such as insurance providers. As a leader for this function, the manager will provide coaching and direction to all leadership staff and employee teams on policy interpretation, driving decisions to meet legislative requirements as well as established company policy requirements. This is a newly created position as a result of acquiring the Everett facility and integrating it into the Kettle Cuisine family. We are looking for someone with a track record of building a comprehensive safety function in a manufacturing environment from the ground up and who is excited to do it again for this team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the EH&S Manager, the primary goal is to ensure that all employees, contractors, visitors and immediate neighbors are able to go home after work to their family, safe. In order to accomplish this goal, the EH&S Manager constantly identifies, assesses and acts to reduce hazards in the workplace. By continuously improving the safety conditions in and around the workplace, accidents will be limited. As the Process Safety Manager of hazardous chemicals, the primary role is to ensure that the design process is in a consistent and safe zone. As a pro-active manager, it is necessary to constantly examine the process, identify and act on potential weaknesses, and reducing potential accidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Reduction of hazards and risks
- Track, develop, report and administer key metrics in the area of safety incidents and workers compensation claim experience, primary contact for Workers Compensation carrier.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents, injuries, theft and security breaches to determine root cause and future means of prevention
- Lead cultural transformation with respect to safety
- Insure regular and on-going health and safety activities. Lead safety committee meetings and ensure follow through
- Develop, implement, conduct and maintain plant safety training programs; ensure the establishment and maintenance of complete safety and training records
- Monitor developing EH&S federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and risk initiatives; analyze potential impacts to business system operations; provide senior management with recommendations and approach as appropriate
- Site leader for the Process Safety Management Program (PSM)
- Manage resources necessary to support PSM, including external audits for Mechanical Integrity, Process Hazard Analysis, Compliance Audit
- Manage all Air Permit requirements, including fuel usage, annual testings, and program review (including air scrubber)
- Manage Industrial Pretreatment permit for wastewater discharge
- Manage Industrial Stormwater General Permit requirements
- Manage the Waste Plan, including Hazardous Material reporting requirements
- All other duties as assigned
- Prefer a bachelors degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or related field (or educational programs + experience) and a strong knowledge of safety and environmental regulations, and OSHA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in employee safety or occupational health in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of food manufacturing a plus
- Knowledge of waste water and storm water regulations
- Working knowledge of Process Safety with hazardous chemicals