Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Maintenance Team Lead Night Shift
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Casepack Machine Operator
QA Receiving Technician
Operations Team Lead
Lift Truck Operator
Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler - EVT
Green Bay, WI
Bone Room Lead
2nd Shift Packing Supervisor
3rd shift Packing Machine Operator- Level 1
3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
3rd Shift Packing Supervisor
1st Shift QA Technician
3rd Shift Packing Team Lead
Food Prep Associate
3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
Customer Service Representative
Location: Green Bay, WI
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryResponsible for the procurement of raw materials, communication with vendors, and ensuring quality standards of raw materials for our facility in Green Bay, WI. This position has the authority to act as a purchasing agent for the Company with an approximate annual spend budget of $30MM.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute raw material requirements for internal customers through ERP System
- Reorder raw materials within lead time specifications as needed, enter purchase order with detail to quantity and cost, communicate purchase order to vendor, and confirm/update pricing as needed.
- Adherence to inventory levels based on usage, forecast, minimum and maximum inventory ranges.
- Monitor daily raw material orders/logistics to ensure on-time deliveries and efficient production.
- Contact vendors when orders do not meet our standards (Ex: out of spec, not on time, incorrect quantity)
- Maintain product reorder data including lead time, minimum order quantity, minimum and maximum inventory levels, primary and secondary vendor.
- Maintain Vendor Database with contact and ordering info for customer service and sales representatives.
- Negotiate with vendors for competitive pricing and review new products.
- Qualify new suppliers as business needs change for the organization.
- Develop and implement cost reduction programs.
- New Vendor and Product setup (price quotation and negation, raw material specs, data setup).
- Invoice approval and reconciliation by researching supplier information, invoice approval software, and ERP data.
- Maintain pricing information for the purpose of tracking and placing contracts.
- Attend weekly KPI meetings and action initiatives to improve quality, reduce cost and reduce inventory.
- Use internal Supplier Evaluation Program to monitor supplier performance.
- Assist Operations Team (Receiving/Warehouse/Production/Planning/Transport) with raw material issues, delivery and pickup times, and ensure customer and supplier are aligned.
- Work with QA to action expiring inventory, manage raw material rejections and returns, and other issues as needed.
- Due to 24 hour delivery schedules, after hours and weekend communication may be required when issues arise.
- Project Management, Develops Plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Plan & Execute Raw Material requirements through ERP system
- Ensure raw materials are in stock for required production (Metric: Raw Material Shortage Report)
- Reduce inventory and cost to improve cash flow and increase company profitability while maintaining quality standards
- Work to reduce inventory levels (Metric: Weeks on Hand / Inventory Exposure)
- Look for cost saving opportunities (Metric: Material Price Variance)
- Ensure Quality of Raw Materials and Manage Vendors Quality Standards
- Ensure product quality standards (Metric: Raw Material Rejections/Returns)
- Manage raw material shortage reporting, raw materials planning, inbound delivery planning
- Ensure plant efficiency through proper communication and planning of raw materials (Metric: Downtime / Raw Material Shortage Report)
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in FIELD and/or INDUSTRY
- Specific industry knowledge of protein buying; i.e. chicken, beef, lamb, etc
- Commodity buying experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in driving consistently strong profitable sales growth
- Experienced working with Procurement/Supply Chain Planning
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Financial and business acumen