Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Operations Data Clerk
Operations Team Lead
Lift Truck Operator
Filling Machine Operator
Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician
Casepack Machine Operator
Human Resources Generalist
Quality Assurance Technician (3rd Shift)
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Maintenance Inventory Specialist
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler - EVT
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Green Bay, WI
Bone Room Lead
2nd Shift Packing Supervisor
3rd shift Packing Machine Operator- Level 1
3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
Mid Shift QA Technician
3rd Shift Packing Supervisor
Food Prep Associate
3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
Vendor & Ingredient Specialist
Customer Service Representative
3rd shift QA Technician
QA Systems Technician
Location: Everett WA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryLeads and contributes in strategy, planning, development, performance and results of Kettle Cuisine Everett transportation services for Outbound activity across the Everett supply chain. Specifically, has oversight for and manages logistics capabilities and services in support of overall execution of the Kettle logistics and transportation strategy. This includes oversight and management of third-party offsite storage facilities for outbound finished goods and timely deliveries to and from the Everett plant. This is in support of internal and external business partners, suppliers, and customers. Engaged and leads in transportation supplier management to include performance/KPI management, capacity sourcing/procurement, contracting/negotiating, and budget/cost management. Assumes a collaborative role working cross-functionally with Kettle business teams to provide solutions, services, problem solving and continuous improvement actions to meet Kettles business goals and objectives. Actively leads the daily process of shipping goods to customers. Includes analysis of on hand stock and order changes in the system.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategies and plans for the transportation services in support of Finished Goods supply chains.
- Works closely with customers to ensure on time and in full delivers to meet customer requirements. Proactively communicates with customers when the changes occur or problems arise.
- Identifies and manages performance of logistics teams and service providers to defined KPIs
- Leads and collaborates with Kettle business units, logistics teams, functional groups, and service providers on continuous improvement or corrective action to meet or exceed goals or requirements in the areas of food and employee safety, quality, service, social responsibility, and revenue/profit enhancement.
- Recognizes and develops resource needs, skills and capabilities, and ensures resources are adequately trained to provide the services and support to external/internal customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Sets direction and strategy on logistics analysis and reporting and utilized information to drive business decisions to deliver operational excellence.
- Provide leadership, support, continuous improvement and problem identification/solving in representing logistics in the S&OP process.
- Continually evaluates and analyzes transportation service and cost results and translates in to plans and actions to drive improved results.
- Leads and provides oversight to source, procure, develop and manage logistics capacity to meet the growth and needs of the business.
- Negotiates contracts, rates and capacity as required to support new or changing business through the Pro Forma process.
- Maintains and incorporates knowledge and information on logistics and transportation markets and business intelligence.
- Define, maintain and continually evaluate logistics service providers compliance to Kettle Dole contractual and business requirements, and work in the scope of Kettles governance.
- Interface and collaborate with customer service, sales, plant and warehouse operations, and customers to deliver solutions and provide superior customer service
- Represents logistics in customer engagement and presentations in support of new or existing business opportunities and defines and communicates Kettles logistics capabilities and solutions for customers.
- Champions logistics solutions and process improvements in a matrix relationship environment.
- Maintain expertise and knowledge with Kettles ERP systems.
- Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of experience with a medium to large enterprise supply chain, logistics, and/or transportation roles, inclusive of recent experience at minimum 3-4 years in a Sr. Manager or Director role.
- Bachelors or graduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, Business or equivalent work experience in related food industry or functional areas with undergraduate/graduate degree
- Plant/manufacturing logistics experience in a food, consumer supply chain is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in refrigerated and temperature control transportation in a consumer food channel highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with safety practices and methods, supply chain food safety, and quality management systems and methodologies.
- Knowledge of logistics, shipping/receiving procedures, inventory control, and least cost load-building models.
- Experienced in fresh food production, perishable or short shelf life supply chains preferred
- Strong and proven supplier management proficiencies
- Strategic and tactical supplier sourcing and procurement with a foundation in a multi-modal, temperature control supply chain
- Budget development, cost and performance management expertise to drive results to meet company and department financial goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, leadership, team building and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and/or other spreadsheet software.
- Must have the ability to make quick decisions and work under short timelines.
- Strong in multi-tasking and being a change agent for the business.