Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Operations Team Lead
Lift Truck Operator
Filling Machine Operator
Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician
Casepack Machine Operator
Human Resources Generalist
Quality Assurance Technician (3rd Shift)
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Maintenance Inventory Specialist
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler - EVT
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Green Bay, WI
2nd Shift Packing Supervisor
Sr. Development Chef
3rd shift Packing Machine Operator- Level 1
Food Prep Associate
3rd shift PMO
3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
Vendor & Ingredient Specialist
Bilingual HR Generalist
3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Customer Service Representative
3rd Shift Packing Team Leader
3rd Shift Packing Supervisor
3rd shift QA Technician
QA Systems Technician
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Location: Everett WA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryResponsible for weekly/biweekly payroll and general HR administrative duties. The successful candidate is customer focused, detail oriented, skilled in prioritizing multiple tasks and shares our desire to demonstrate our Kettle Cuisine Core Values at every opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, prepare and accurately process weekly and biweekly payrolls using ADP (moving to Paycom in 2020); maintaining accurate HRIS and payroll system data and ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws regarding payroll administration.
- Provide technical expertise and respond to payroll inquiries related to interpretation of laws, rules and regulations.
- Implements standard processes and utilizes the HRIS capabilities to streamline payroll and other HR functions.
- Create and maintain payroll SOPs, Benefit EDI feeds, and on-going and adhoc reports as needed.
- Assists employees and supervisors with payroll issues and requests for payroll information. Researches payroll issues/discrepancies and processes necessary corrections. Must comply with the regulatory standards, policies and procedures of payroll.
- Perform reconciliation of employee time off for time and attendance policy monitoring for each payroll, confirming employee eligibility for time off and maintaining attendance policy point system and documentation.
- Lead the annual benefit open enrollment process for the site including OE employee meetings and communications, coordinating vendor visits and benefit information, tracking enrollments and waivers, and updating employee selections and deductions in payroll.
- Prepare and process health insurance changes and deductions, reconcile and pay invoices and perform benefits administration to include claims resolution and change reporting.
- Assist in the administration of leave of absence or time off requests for qualifying employees including FMLA, STD, LTD, WC, WA time off, etc.
- Assist in recruitment by posting jobs, posting on recruitment websites, reviewing and distributing candidate resumes, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, preparing offer letters, on-boarding new employees, and other support activities as needed.
- Perform background and drug screenings for potential new employees, employment references checks, schedule/review drug screenings and initiate pre-adverse action letters when necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- College Degree preferred with a major/minor in Finance or Human Resources or equivalent on the job experience.
- 3+ years of applicable experience managing payroll processes and performing general HR department duties.
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax regulations and employment laws; ADP and Paycom experience preferred.
- Intermediate or better MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Solid history of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentational skills.
- Solid analytical, reasoning and deduction skills.
- Solid knowledge of protective leave laws is required with proven experience managing various types of time off and leaves of absences programs for all company employees.
- Experience with FMLA, ADA, Disability Leaves, Dept. of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA, HIPAA, and EEOC.
- Experience with W/C claims management, injury investigations, and work site inspections a plus.
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence.