Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Operations Team Lead
Lift Truck Operator
Filling Machine Operator
Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician
Casepack Machine Operator
Human Resources Generalist
Quality Assurance Technician (2nd and 3rd Shifts)
Process Development Technologist
Assistant QA Manager
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Green Bay, WI
2nd Shift Packing Supervisor
Sr. Development Chef
Freezer Order Picker/Production Floater
Food Prep Associate
Supplier FSQA Auditor
3rd shift PMO
3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
1st Shift Prep Team Leader
Vendor & Ingredient Specialist
3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
QA Systems Technician
3rd Shift Packing Team Leader
1st Shift Packing Team Leader
Bilingual HR Generalist
3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Customer Development Manager
Human Resources Generalist
Location: Everett WA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryThe Kettle Cuisine plant in Everett, WA is currently searching for a Human Resources Generalist to provide HR support to the Management team and hourly employees in a fast paced food manufacturing environment. This is a hands-on, full-time generalist position supporting multiple shifts. Responsibilities include assisting in recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, managing flow of temporary employees, training, employee relations; leave of absence administration, workers compensation claims, compliance, audits (i-9s, benefits, etc.), customer audits, payroll, and benefits administration. This strong, second in command position will be responsible for providing assistance to employees and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, monthly premium processing, and COBRA administration.
- Manage recruiting and staffing initiatives; facilitate onboarding process and new hire orientations
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to the management team in the areas of performance management, employee retention, policy interpretation/implementation and employee and HR issue resolution.
- Process a bi-weekly payroll of over 200 employees using Paycom
- Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
- Assist with safety program within the plant by participating in the required training, support accident investigations and reporting, maintaining compliance documentation and postings as needed. Participate as a member in Safety Committee meetings.
- Streamline and automate human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Facilitate and assist with training development to promote employee and leadership development .
- Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
- Provide support for employee engagement activities which include but not limited to: coordinating employee activities/events, administering recognition programs, facilitating site communications, and participating on the sites engagement team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and three (3) plus years of Human Resources experience or any similar combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Bilingual communication skills - Spanish and English is strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax regulations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence
- Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Solid history of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentational skills.
- Solid analytical, reasoning and deduction skills; high level of attention to details.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPPA and EEO is required.
- Proven experience managing various types of leaves of absences.
- Experience with W/C claims management, injury investigations, and work site programs is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a cross functional team atmosphere
- Experience with positive employee relations in a multi-cultural food production or manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing and knowledge of GMPs is desirable.
- Possess solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have understanding of OSHA regulations and recordkeeping requirements.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize the workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal direction.