Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Operations Team Lead
Lift Truck Operator
Filling Machine Operator
Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician
Green Bay, WI
Food Prep Associate
Product Labeling and Technical Information Specialist
Supplier FSQA Auditor
Project Manager - Commercialization
3rd shift PMO
3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
3rd shift QA Technician
Customer Service Representative
Morgan Hill, CA
1st & 2nd shift Kettle Cooks
Location: Everett WA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryKettle Cuisine believes each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of our company. That contribution encompasses but is not limited to the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but does not limit the incumbent or the organization only to the work identified. It is Kettles expectation each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Human Resources or submit an updated application and resume.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Responsibilities:
- 1.Ensure day to day operations of the Quality Assurance Department are staffed and covered.
- 2.Ensure food safety and quality systems on the production floor are performing as intended. This includes direct involvement for the resolution of issues, investigating, and auditing production processes and controls.
- 3.Audit sanitation systems to ensure they are compliant with FDA/USDA/SQF standards.
- Job Duties:
- 1.Performs verification of quality and food safety checks established in the Kettle Cuisine HACCP and pre-requisite programs.
- 2.Assists QA management in the collection of data for the purpose of improving products and systems as necessary as it relates to food safety and quality (Statistical Process Controls.)
- 3.Perform verification system checks to ensure sanitation systems are on track including Daily pre-operational sanitation checks (inspections, APC, ATP, and Environmental monitoring.)
- 4.Train, motivate and guide QA technicians in safety carrying out department duties and responsibilities in an efficient manner.
- 5.Ensure work areas on the floor are clean and organized in compliance to Kettle Cuisine standards, as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- 6.Assist QA and R&D/PD as needed during special batch runs.
- 7.Provide on the floor QA support to help with the investigation and troubleshooting of any food safety, quality and process control related issues.
- 8.Assist QA and Operations in conformance checks of ingredients, packaging and finished product to established specifications.
- 9.Help maintain sampling program for new products and other products for the purpose of shelf life studies and retention storage or certain finished products.
- 10.Work in a safe manner and follow all Kettle Cuisine standards, along with Federal, State and Local regulations for occupational safety.
- Assist QA and site in accomplishing Kettle Cuisines and QA departmental goals and objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates Degree in Biology, Food Science, Chemistry, or related Sciences preferred
- One (1) Year of related experience in or with Quality Assurance
- Food manufacturing facility experience preferred
- 1-3 years progressive leadership experience
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Training in SPC and good mathematical skills
- Certified auditor Training, SQF Practitioner, HACCP Certified preferred
- Physical Activities Required - The physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive walking and standing
- Good vision/hearing/and speaking ability
- Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
- Climb and balance
- Lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Job Environment
- Manufacturing environment 60% of the time, conditions can be wet and cold
- Office environment 40% of the time
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and some holidays