Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Operations Team Lead
Lift Truck Operator
Filling Machine Operator
Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician
Casepack Machine Operator
Human Resources Generalist
Regulatory Affairs Analyst
Green Bay, WI
2nd Shift Packing Supervisor
Sr. Development Chef
Food Prep Associate
Supplier FSQA Auditor
3rd shift PMO
3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
Customer Service Representative
2nd Shift Prep Team Leader (2)
Vendor & Ingredient Specialist
2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic (2)
QA Systems Technician
Supplier FSQA Auditor
Location: Lynn, MA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryThe Supplier FSQA Auditor will conduct Food Safety and Quality audits of the Ingredient and Food Contact Packaging Supplier facilities. As part of the audit inspection, the position will review the supplier's food safety and quality documents, as well as complete or review risk assessments of ingredients and suppliers to ensure that they meet regulatory requirements. This position will support the increased requirement of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) 21 CFR 117 and customer expectations. The position will also be a resource to the manufacturing plants to investigate and audit any problem ingredient supplier. The position will participate in the internal SQF annual survey when the resource is needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plans and conducts scheduled audits of ingredient and packaging facilities and their corresponding food safety programs and assessing quality and food safety system performance.
- Conducts and confirms follow-up actions on Supplier Quality System Audits and Supplier Risk mitigation.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits using technical discussions and Quality System Audits and prepares detailed trip reports and audit reports to document audit findings and observations.
- Coordinate audit schedule to minimize costs and improve efficiency.
- Audit Report writing; clearly document audit results and findings in approved formats. Maintains accuracy of Supplier Audit Reports and Supplier Profile. Tracks and trends supplier performance via a quality systems site and communicates quality issues to suppliers as needed and provides assistance to develop corrective actions.
- Generates, reviews and implements Supplier Quality related policy/procedure and guidelines. Developments and generates supplier performance reports.
- Provides guidance to Purchasing and Operations in suppliers' quality system requirements.
- Maintains and reports on vendor performance and monitors quality and functionality of current ingredients and recommend specification changes as needed. Reports audit findings in the correct format to vendors and internal customers. Follows up on corrective actions needed.
- Assists with the evaluation of problem vendors and ingredients with plant QA staff and conducts investigations around resolving customer complaints.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with supplier partners, employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Monitors emerging food safety issues and regulatory trends as it relates to external supply.
- Able to work flexible hours (nights and weekends) as required.
- Willing to travel 60-75% of the time.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Develop a supplier score card
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Background in food science or related field and a minimum of 3 years' experience in QA systems and food safety auditing with experience writing audit reports and interpreting corrective action responses.
- Valid Driver's license and ability to travel by air.
- Working knowledge of Quality systems, food safety programs, HACCP, and GMP's is required.
- Strong continuous improvement knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills in Office, SharePoint, and ERP systems.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to influence others to make changes and elicit cooperation with vendors and team mates. Work with supplier (coach and educate) to improve the quality and food safety systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to vendors and management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.